(Closed) Where are you in your planning process? April2017

posted 4 years ago in April 2017
Post # 76
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Update from me!

– We took our pre-Cana class last Saturday and have our Joy-filled Marraige class this Saturday. We enjoyed pre-Cana a lot actually, so that was surprising! Then next Tuesday, we bring our certificates to our priest and we’re pretty much done with the “marraige preparation” part of our meetings and we can now start planning our actual ceremony with him.

– We had an appointment to look at wedding bands. We both picked what we want but the one I tried on was in a different color than I would get (tried on yellow gold and I want rose gold to match my e-ring). I’m going back this Saturday night to try on a sample of the color I would get and then we’ll probably put down deposits.

– I re-connected with my florist and sent her swatches of my bridesmaid dresses for her to make my bouquet and centerpiece samples. I will be meeting with her the first week of December to approve the samples.

– We have to registerrrrrrrrrrr!! Ugh, this is a biggie that we’ve been putting off. We MUST MUST MUST get it done before Thanksgiving because…

– My mom and sister need this info for my bridal shower invitations which have to be ordered ASAP. So, I’m finalizing my invite list for that hopefully by the end of this week and have to get on registering SO BAD.

Post # 77
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

4/15/17 bride here 

– we just decided on our wedding date during the end of October so I don’t have much time to plan! So far, I’ve been lucky in every wedding vendor I’ve contacted especially our wedding venue. I thought it would be hard to secure a saturday wedding date 6 months before but we got super lucky. Our vineyard venue also discounted the price because we are having an intimate wedding. 

– photographer booked, I was interested in fine art wedding photography so I specifically searched for photographers that specializes in that field. To be honest, our photographer’s package is way out of our budget but she had an option of paying her by the hour which we took. I also got lucky that my first choice is available in the date of our wedding. 

-wedding officiant booked, still thinking of diy’ing flowers to save on costs and renting a dj (because of the small number of guests we ar thinking that no one will dance). 

-still have a lot of details to plan but I’m glad wedding planning apps abound! 

The topic ‘Where are you in your planning process? April2017’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors