(Closed) Where can I get a wedding gown for under $600????

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Do you have a davids bridal any where near you.  I got my gown there and with alterations and everything I am right around $600.  Its style 9T9717 it has beautiful cap sleeve and a modest neck line it is a plus size style, but I know that they have other beautiful modest gowns and they have sleeve options that you can add to your dress also you can purchase a bolero to go over the dress to modify it.  hope this helps keep us informed on your dress hunt. 

Post # 4
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Depending on what type of dress/gown you are hoping to find there may be deals out there. I think I’m going in the wedding DRESS direction rather than a full-fledge wedding GOWN. I’ve found several very pretty dresses on jcrew.com and nordstrom.com that are less than $400!

Another option is preownedweddingdresses.com which is a site where brides sell their used wedding gowns. If wearing a pre-owned gown is OK with you then they’ve got some pretty good deals there. But you might want to see if it’s possible to pay with a credit card that allows you to refute the charge if something goes wrong.

Hope this helps!

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee

if you’re in the sgv, las tunas has a lot of chinese dress stores along several blocks. you may be able to find something close to $600. preowned wedding dresses are a good bet too, like the girl above mentioned. try craigslist, weddingbee has a bunch too. even i’m selling a casablanca, so it shouldn’t be hard to find a used dress you like. 

Post # 6
456 posts
Helper bee

Internet!! Plussizedbridal.com sells in the full range of sizes, that’s where my bridesmaids are getting their dresses for almost $70 less than a shop sells the for. Other sites that are rated highly in Bridal Bargains (BEST BOOK EVER!) are dorianneveils.com (they sell more than veils), netbride.com, pearlsplace.com, and RKbridal.com. HouseofBrides.com wasn’t rated very highly, but I’ve seen some of the bees recommend it.

Shop the web for what you like, Alfred Angelo and Mori Lee have good prices. Angelo has a lower rating in overall quality for your money in bridal gowns tho. Ann Taylor is rated well, J. Crew can be good, but gets pricey on some styles. Davinci is a David’s knockoff, so if you fall in love with a David’s style you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

I hesitate to send you to David’s, because I’ve heard SO many horror stories. Bridal Bargains devotes a whole chapter to how horrible they are. I also personally feel like I was badly overcharged for alterations there as a bridesmaid. But they do account for a huge percentage of the wedding business in America, so clearly they’re doing something right.

Last choice, and what I recommend most if you can manage it, have one custom made. It sounds expensive, but can often cost you a lot less. My dress is probably going to cost me something in the $300-$400 range, and it’s pretty detailed, with a lace overlay and some beading and such. My Future Sister-In-Law is getting her very simple plain dress made for just $150. We’re both getting exactly what we want, MUCH better quality than something from a sweatshop in China, and we’re paying significantly less than if we’d got them anywhere with the word "bridal" in the name.

-I keep mentioning Bridal Bargains cause it’s the best book ever, but just for the record, it has NO affiliation with any wedding company, so you get pretty accurate, unbiased info from them.

Post # 7
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

lynlyn: go to las tunas drive in temple city – for those photo studios/bridal stores. There are tons under $600 and will/can include alterations, veil, and tiara (if you want it). OR you can rent one for even less.

If you need more info or some help, PM me.

Post # 8
456 posts
Helper bee

Oh! And forgot the best tip of all! You can get a dress straight from China through E-bay. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. I just did a search for "wedding dress custom" and it pulled up zillions. Lots of sellers who’ve got a lot of positive feedback. I was going to do this, but with Chinese New Year they couldn’t guarantee they’d get it in on time. Worth looking into, but it can be hard to find a specific style since they’re not listed by designer or anything, so best to go in with a general idea of what you like and find something that works.

Post # 9
329 posts
Helper bee
  • V
  • 9 years ago

go to a store…find the gown you like withing the $600-$800 range and search in Netbride.com or any internet bridal discount store. Once you know what you want it’s way easier to find it cheaper.

good luck!

Post # 10
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Try mom and pop shops, also ebay works wonders, David’s Bridal, You can also google cheap wedding dresses or prom dresses and just go white with whatever you find…hope that helps.

Post # 11
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I don’t live nor am familiar with your area but I got my dress at Alfred Angelo and absolutely love IT!  They are having a huge sale right now, so I bet that you can get our dress for under $600 — maybe you could also look for a running of the brides in your area 🙂  GOOD LUCK!  Let us know if you get one!!

Post # 12
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Check with the local bridal salons for any upcoming sample sales.  Dresses are usually 50% off during these sales, so you can get a very nice dress for under $600.

Post # 13
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

Have you tried looking up consignment shops in your area? That would be a great way to find a beautiful dress in your price range.

Post # 14
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I second going to salons and looking at gowns, then going on the internet to search for those gowns you liked on the internet. This may take more work, especially if you go to salons that rip out tags and you have to sneak pictures and then search for that particular dress… ahem.  However, my gown, which I found for about $1000 at the salon, after a month of searching I finally found at House of Brides online site for $500! Ebay and other places for previously enjoyed gowns also are a good place to look.

Post # 15
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I got mine for $180 at a sample sale! I was thrilled 🙂

[attachment=127820,4301]

Post # 16
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I would also recommend David’s Bridal.  A couple of times a year they have the $99 dollar sale (but the selection is really hit or miss- but you might get lucky).

But even when they aren’t having a sale, they routinely have dresses for less than $600.

I got my dress for $300 from them because it was being discontinued.  However, it was only $650 originally.

My sister got her dress from them at full price it was $500.

The topic ‘Where can I get a wedding gown for under $600????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors