(Closed) Where did he propose? Trip/Vacation? Weekend Getaway? Neither?

posted 10 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Did he propose on a trip/vacation, weekend getaway, or at "home"?
    Proposed on a Trip/Vacation (relatively far away) : (34 votes)
    26 %
    Proposed on a Weekend Getaway : (21 votes)
    16 %
    Neither - Proposed at "Home" (same state/area) : (74 votes)
    57 %
  • Post # 32
    1015 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

DH proposed in a nearby area (about 45 mins away) that we were going to for a picnic before I was heading home for 8 weeks.  I thought I saw it coming SO many times before that I wasn’t getting my  hopes up…but I was suspicious!

Post # 33
    6659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2010

DH had the perfect opportunity to propose while we were on vacation in beautiful locations TWICE in a row and didn’t. I was furious until he blew me away by proposing on the ice rink at Rockefeller Center on NYE! (we live in NYC).

Post # 34
    2015 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

We take a weekend getaway every year on a date that has some special significance to us. He did it during that getaway one year 🙂 I was totally shocked and not expecting it at all.

Post # 35
    553 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Mine surprised me on a weekend getaway that I had NO IDEA he planned. Typically he is not sneaky and he said not to expect too much from the trip (i.e. a proposal) and that it was just a getaway to destress. Then he woke me up early to see the sunrise at the place the sun first hits the east coast (Bar Harbor, ME in Acadia park) and proposed on one knee there. Such a romantic man – and I had no idea!

Post # 36
    1600 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

N proposed literally a 10 minute walk down the road from my house. I was also convinced that he would propose on our yearly camping trip, but I guess he wanted me to have something to do all summer 😛

Post # 37
    591 posts
    Busy bee

Mine took me on a spontaneous long weekend getaway to Napa over Valentines Day weekend this year. I kept thinking all weekend he was going to propose (we had picked the ring together months before in October so I knew he had it). There were so many perfect moments at the wineries and especially when we went to the Castello di Amore (Castle of Love!) and on Valentine’s Day itself (Vday was on a Sunday this year). However, he didn’t propose until the last day at Shasta Lake on the drive home on Monday. We had talked about getting a houseboat over the summer so he pretended we were going to check them out. Little did I know he brought me down to the lake to get down on one knee. Shasta Lake has a lot of meaning for both of us and I am so glad he waited because it definitely had the surprise factor!

Post # 38
    193 posts
    Blushing bee

Wow! So many ladies were proposed to on their b-day’s! Did any of you expect it or had a feeling it would happen then? You would think that your man would choose a day that you wouldn’t expect anything at all.

I’m just curious because I’m turning 30 on August 7th, and our 3 year anniversary is on August 18th (which he will not be around to celebrate because he claims that he “HAS TO” attend a golf tournament put on by his employers. Grrr).

Now you’ve all got me thinkin’! *tries not to get hopes up*

GVD

Post # 39
    1279 posts
    Bumble bee

At home. On a Sunday night. Completely out of the blue 🙂

Post # 40
    60 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @dance: at mine was similar! I totally agree with you that it will depend on your relationship and what it right based on it. 

Post # 41
    60 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    @abbyful:ahhh! mine was similar!!! We were watching CNN! Fiance started being twitchy. Said he was getting up to get water and when I turned around he was leaning over the back of the couch with a funny look on his face. 

Post # 42
    5262 posts
    Bee Keeper

My Fiance proposed really close to our old apartment – we still lived there at the time. We lived right on Lake Michigan, and he walked me down the path alongside it and got down on one knee at a special spot. I loved it!

Post # 43
    22 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Eiffel Tower on New Years Eve. Little bit cheesy I know, but we were in Paris anyways for the holidays and it really was quite romantic…

Post # 44
    581 posts
    Busy bee

My husband had moved out on his own one month earlier and he proposed in my bedroom when we were getting ready to go out.  He said, “Let’s get married.”  No ring   I asked when? and he said, “As soon as possible.”  Three months later we were married!  I think he was lonely which prompted the proposal.  Oh well, it worked!Wink

Post # 45
    353 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

He proposed in Florence, Italy in the Boboli Gardens at sunset.  It was perfect in every way.

Post # 46
    617 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

FH proposed on a mini ski vacation to VT for NYE.  He surprised me with the trip and convinced me it wasn’t the time because he had better ideas!  He proposed the day before NYE at dinner because he wanted us to have our “own day”.  It was the most romantic and lovely evening.  

The topic ‘Where did he propose? Trip/Vacation? Weekend Getaway? Neither?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors