(Closed) Where do we get our Marriage License?

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think you get the license where you are getting married.

Post # 4
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I found this information online.  Looks like you can get your marriage license in any county in California and it is valid for 90 days.  You apply for the license at the county clerk’s office.

Post # 5
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

In California, you can get public or confidential licenses.

For public ones (most common):

¨      The marriage license may be obtained from any county in California.  You are not required to get married in the county where you purchase the public marriage license; however, you must be married in California.  You must file the license in the county where it was purchased.

For confidential ones:

¨      The couple MUST be married in the county where the license is issued.

See this website for more info: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/pages/marriagelicenseinformation.aspx

The topic ‘Where do we get our Marriage License?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors