(Closed) Where is this ~$600 best spent??

posted 6 years ago in Money
  • poll: Where is this money best spent?
    An engagement session and an extra hour of photography $600 : (70 votes)
    64 %
    Real China, glasses and flatware instead of plastic $500 : (39 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    18637 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

To me the photography is more worth it.  We have very few pictures of the table settings since usually the photographer takes the meal time to take a break and eat their own meal.  You don’t really want pictures of people stuffing their faces anyway.

Post # 4
    786 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I also think the photography is your better option.  An engagement session is nice because it helps you get comfortable in front of the camera and you get time to really mesh with your photographer before the big day.

Post # 5
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Photography all the way. You get to keep that after the wedding.

Post # 6
    2378 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

Photography!

And if you’re gonna go the plastic route with the dinnerware, you could always put in some DIY effort and cutesy it up a bit!

Using plastic wine glasses, for instance, you could make some AWESOME DIY wine glass charms that match the theme of your wedding.

And you could come up with LOTS of cute wrappings for your plastic silverware- but you can’t ‘spruce up’ nonexistant photos!

Post # 7
    394 posts
    Helper bee

You’re going to be looking at these photos for the rest of your life… and no one will remember what type of plate they ate off of by the time they get home after the wedding.

Post # 9
    5107 posts
    Bee Keeper

Photog for sure! Screw the real China!

Post # 11
    4653 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

It depends what are you having for dinner is it plastic plate and silverware friendly? 

Post # 12
    5984 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

photography! for sure. my wedding was only 2 years ago and I honestly have no idea what we ate our meal on. but i have our wedidng pics all over our home and facebook, etc. 

Post # 14
    1853 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

what kind fo pasticware? Is it the nicer kind that looks almost real? If so, I’d say photography, but if it’s the divided, boston market type plates I’d say plates all the way!

My venue has these GOD AWFUL 80’s style mikasa plates that are coral, teal, and green.  So I feel you on the ugly plate fear.

Post # 15
    9677 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I would go with photography.  No one will remember what plates you had in 10 years. 

The exception of course being if they are terrible filmsy, thin paper ones and you can’t eat with the plastic silverwear (the kind that always breaks).  You know, like the kind you buy 100 plates for $7 at the grocery store. Then I could see going for china.  But most catering companies use a better quality than this (I think). And if 80% of the people use it, it’s probably fine.

Post # 16
    126 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2016 - Bridgewater Place

Other than looking awesome, photography is my #1 priority. Go with the photos!

The topic ‘Where is this ~$600 best spent??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors