Post # 1
Does anyone know where I can buy those little packages of Advil/Tylenol/etc. in Canada? The Amazon.ca website charges twice as much as Amazon.com (and they only have Advil; no Tylenol/Pepto/Gravol/Tums/etc.). Anyone know if you can buy them at Costco or Superstore? Bulk Barn? Do pharmacies sell them? The Dollarstore?
Post # 3
@Jenniphyr: I’ve seen small packages of tylenol / advil at Dollarama. They might be a bit too expensive though, I think they’re a dollar on their own.
Post # 4
Alternatively, does anyone know how to get around the “no-shipping-to-Canada” restriction on drugs on Amazon.com?
@LilacViolet: Hmm, maybe if I buy a whole crapload of them they’ll give me a discount. : /
Post # 5
@Jenniphyr: If you find out, let me know! I’m also looking for them for my Out of Town bags. Off topic, but what are you putting in yours?
Post # 6
@LilacViolet: We’re usuing gable boxes, one per couple & one smaller one per child. Here’s what we’re putting in the adult ones:
- two 500mL water bottles with personalized labels
- a “do not disturb” sign
- snacks: Haribo goldbären (gummi bears, my FH’s fave), potato chips, M&Ms (in our wedding colours, one of my fave candies), and maybe something healthy like trail mix or fruit leather
- an info package (suggested restaurants, places to go/things to do, important phone # list, schedule of events, etc.)
- a thank-you letter (hand-signed & addressed to the specific couple)
- “tears of joy” tissue packets
- a taxi card (printed with addresses for the wedding venues, our house & the guests’ hotel)
- a first-aid/emergency kit (Advil, Tylenol, Gravol/Pepto-Bismol/Tums, band-aids, polysporin, hand sanitizing wipes, gum/mints & maybe Shout wipes)
- (maybe) personalized pen
- (maybe) Crystal Lite, coffee/tea/etc.
And for the kids’ boxes:
- one 250mL bottle of water w/personalized label
- snacks: Goldfish crackers, fruit leather & something else (trying to stick to healthy stuff so adults don’t get mad at us, LOL!)
- activity booklet
- personalized pencil
- (maybe) a mini-first aid kit with just kid-themed band-aids
Post # 7
@Jenniphyr: Ooooh such good ideas! Especially the taxi card. I had never even thought of that!
Post # 8
@LilacViolet: Thank you!
*bumping for the night crowd*