Where to find a dress under $1000 besides DB

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
5884 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Personally, I foudn that when I got out there and stated looking there were plenty of dresses under $1000.  I just went to a bunch of the bridal shops in my area and only shopped off the rack (shorter engagement).  I avoided the really fancy shops.

The dress I ended up choosing was $500.  With alterations it ended up as $800.  I’m sure it’s not heirloom quality, but it was really beauitful and was a traditional gown.

The store I ended up purchasing from was nothing to look at from the outside, but they actually had great selection.  And the shop ower did all the alterations and did a really good job.  

Post # 3
9589 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

There were plenty of dresses under $1000 at the stores I went to. But yeah if you go to a Kleinfeld’s type place, good luck lol.

I lost a bunch of weight and ended up buying a new dress off the rack right before my wedding, and I think it was $450 for the sample.

Post # 5
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Try BHLDN! I love that store. They have beautiful dresses on sale. I didn’t buy a dress from them in the end but they were great quality and I loved the way they felt compared to DB.

Post # 6
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve seen some beautiful cocktail and evening dresses that would be suitable as a wedding dress and are within your budget, especially if you’re open to ivory, champagne, silver, etc.  Adrianna Pappel has a lovely bridal line too, and many of the dresses are <$500.  

Post # 7
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Check out bridesmaid dresses!  Watters especially has some that look quite bridal in ivory.

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee

BHLDN sometimes has affordable options. You can also check tradesy, preownedweddingdress.com or eBay. In some cases they haven’t even been worn. I bought two dresses from ebay (they were both store samples). A maggie sottero and a enzoani blue. Bother under $500…

If you’re worried about trying on, you can always see if there is a store in your area that carries the dress before you buy it online.

Post # 9
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Etsy!

Post # 10
2265 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - Chateau Lake Louise

http://www.cocomelody.com has some great quality and selection.

Also there are lots of shops on Etsy that will custom make a gown for well under $1k. I’m having a replica made of a $2400 dress for under $400 I can give you a link if you PM me 

🙂

Post # 11
9224 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

mine was under $1000 at a local bridal store.  i saw lots of options everywhere i went.

if you want less, look at non wedding gowns, try white prom dresses.  or alternate stores.  j crew and nordstrom have wedding sections as do other stores.

Post # 12
681 posts
Busy bee

BHLDN? They always have dresses on sale, too.

Post # 13
94 posts
Worker bee

You can always try an off the rack bridal shop. There is one where I live and from what I know about it, the dresses are typically cheaper.

JC Penney, Macy’s, and Nordstrom would also be great places to look outside of a traditional bridal store. You might be able to find something a little more simple/casual looking since you’re not having a flashy wedding. 

Thrift shops and Goodwill may have used ones as well if you don’t mind a used one.

Good luck, whatever you find will be beautiful! 

Post # 14
404 posts
Helper bee

Research bridal stores and their price points in your area. I researched a few and went to one that was well-rated and said to have a good selection. Was a bit worried when I first got there and was browsing the racks myself but the assistant pulled some great dresses for me and I ended up finding one that I ordered for only 800! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors