(Closed) Where to find a dress under $1000 besides DB

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
1841 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I think it may depend on the style of dress you want.  I wanted a lace dress, and most of the designer ones at the bridal boutiques I went to were in the 800-1200 range.  (That was almost 3 yrs ago now though, perhaps things have changed?)  If you want a ball gown or something heavily beaded, that may limit your options though.  I came really close to buying a sample maggie sottero dress that was on clearance for $700, but I ended up deciding against it and ordering a new dress.  What style are you looking for?

Post # 18
541 posts
Busy bee

I got a never worn Ines Di Santo gown on Tradesy for $800. Asking price was $1700, haggled down. Retail was $5,900 two seasons ago. You can definitely do it! And getting a sweet deal makes you love the dress even more 😉 In my case there was a return policy just in case; which is important when buying online.

Post # 20
2267 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - Chateau Lake Louise

View original reply
Geekchick42 :  Something else to try; I just discovered a bridal consignment store in town. Apparently they only opened recently, but I found a NWT Stella York that fit and was in perfect condition for $700

You might want to google that for your town and see if anything pops up. Usually consignment shops only take things in good condition, and the saleswoman told me most of their stock was actually coming from bridal salons that were closing and liquidating stock. 

Post # 21
3482 posts
Sugar bee

Boutique 1861

Post # 22
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Seconding the suggestion of looking for shops near you that sell used dresses.  In my city, there’s a place that resells donated wedding gowns to raise money for cancer charities. The great thing about trying on previously loved dresses is a) it feels less wasteful, and b) you might find something that’s already altered to very close to your own measurements

Post # 23
338 posts
Helper bee

I wish Jcrew weddings was still around, I am really bummed about that. I love the look of BHLDNs dresses! Also try the wedding shoppe, they have a store in MN and a website, they are really great and have a great search tool. 

Post # 24
12 posts
Newbee

<u>misslucy :</u>  

Geekchick42 :  

I actually purchased a blush pink Adriana Papell gown at Dillards that was MSRP $300+, and paid 60$ for it on sale. You never know where you will find a gown. Here is a link to the original post I made asking for opinions about the dress. I loved the dress at first sight but almost felt guilty or wrong for paying so little for it. And it photographed beautifully on wedding day, looked absolutely amazing.  http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/concerns-about-dress/

Hope that helps!

Post # 25
145 posts
Blushing bee

It makes me sad that JCrew stopped making wedding dresses. I always had my heart set on one of theirs.

Post # 26
575 posts
Busy bee

Try looking at evening gowns from Bloomingdale’s. I got my dress for less than $500. 

Post # 27
1281 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

check prom dresses as well as like big retailers like Revolve, Lulus, Tobi for white gowns.

Post # 28
7624 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Are there any local shops that carry multiple designers near you? I went to a couple of local stores while shopping and found tons of dresses under $1000.

Post # 29
2267 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - Chateau Lake Louise

https://www.tradesy.com/weddings/wedding-dresses

I recently had an amazing experience with Tradesy, too. Found a NWT Adriana Papell gown for my DD to wear in the wedding. Retaling at Nordy’s for $320 – got it for $110. Arrived in like 4 days. 

They have wedding gowns and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses as well.

Post # 30
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I second Etsy (that’s where I got my gorgeous wedding dress for around $500) or Boutique1861!

The topic ‘Where to find a dress under $1000 besides DB’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors