(Closed) Where to find a dress under $1000 besides DB

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 31
2842 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You could also consider bridesmaids dresses. Watters in particular has a few that could work as wedding dresses. All around $200-300.

Post # 32
2842 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Also look out for the Mori Lee Voyage line. Most are under $1k and plenty of options are well below that. These are all $500-600 at Bestbridalprices:

Post # 33
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I second BHLDN, also check out modcloth.

Post # 34
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2020

When I finally start shopping for my dress, I’m going to start at bridal consignment shops around me. Then, if I lose the amount of weight I want, my second choice will be sample sales. My current back up option is jjshouse.com . All but one ball gown/A-line dresses are under $500 and the pics look amazing. The reviews I’ve seen are all positive.

I have one dress that I bought from them for a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. The quality is really good- no sloppy seams, stray strings, and no falling apart after wearing it all day! After I got it it only needed a small amount of alterations (hemming because we wore flats instead of heels, and the straps needed to be adjusted because I’m an awkward shape lol). The majority of the dress fit very well because they give you the option of entering your measurements for a custom made dress for only like $20 more.

Post # 35
782 posts
Busy bee

Alfred Angelo WAS a great option for that price range. If you’re willing to buy online and preowned, tradesy.com, stillwhite.com, and preownedweddingdresses.com are wonderful options!!! 

Post # 36
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Another under $1k BHLDN bride here.

Post # 37
485 posts
Helper bee

Adding another suggestion to look at bridesmaid dresses! Mine was an Alfred Angelo from his Sapphire collection, in white. Under $300, and it even fit without alterations! (Totally lucked out there!)

Post # 38
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I totally understand wanting to spend the bulk of your wedding budget on other things. A friend of my purchase her dress from this site http://www.simplyfabdress.com Her dress was gogeous. They have tons of wedding dresses under $500. 

Post # 40
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Look into Prom dresses that come in white! I worked in the prom/bridal industry for 6 years, and there are tons of stunning dresses under $500! 

Post # 43
7 posts
Newbee

Modcloth.com

Post # 44
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Lulus and ModCloth had some good options, or buying off the rack is a good option too! Just make sure you look at any dress carefully. You’ll find something! 

Post # 45
19 posts
Newbee

I got mine from Wardrobe By Dulcinea on Etsy. It’s two piece and I will totally wear the top for my anniversary dinner just as well. Or maybe the skirt, and another top… It was a little over 700$ and I I had several changes made to both designs per my wishes. 

The topic ‘Where to find a dress under $1000 besides DB’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors