(Closed) Where to Honeymoon in August 2011

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I went to Hawaii this past year for my honeymoon and it was AMAZING!  We did two islands – Maui and Kauai and the weather was great on both.  There was definitely alot of beach/pool and sun, but we also did things like ziplining, the road to hana, a boat cruise, surfing, snorkeling…good luck in your search!

Post # 4
2018 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hmm, I have to second Hawaii, especially since hurricanes are generally not an issue and it’s an easy flight from LA.  But what about Washington/Vancouver area?  You have beaches, rainforests, kayayking, sailing, hiking and so on.  Also, there’s this inn about 4 hours east of Vancouver BC called the Wickinnish and it’s on the most amazing beach, so romantic and tons of scenery, sunsets, beachcombing etc.  Google it and see if it’s something you might like.  I am dying to go there someday-it sounds perfect for a honeymoon and if we weren’t going to Maui…:)

Post # 5
287 posts
Helper bee

we went to Greece after our august 14th wedding and it was amazing!! we had the same issue – august is crappy weather, super hot, hurricane season. greece has beach, history, culture, relaxation. everything. we did athens, then crete, then santorini (the most romantic place in the world). highly recommend.

Post # 6
259 posts
Helper bee

I was also concerned about hurricanes, but we took our honeymoon to Mexico at the end of August and had perfect weather.

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora. July/August is the dryest months that they have. I can’t wait πŸ™‚

We chose this place because there is a lot of rain and bad weather in the Summer anywhere in the Caribbean. You could get away to Aruba, further South and rarely gets hit by any sort of Hurricaine.

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Post # 11
2018 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@futuremrsvd:  I know what you mean!  That place is like Big Sur-all natural wild beauty but no night life within 100 miles. lol  You could always do a few days in Vancouver and then head over to the inn.  And as you already know, August is just so hot almost everywhere:  Italy, Greece, Mexico.  Which why I suggested the Pacific Northwest-it’s reasonable from LA and it’s the best time to go.  And yeah, like you I’ve been to Maui a bunch of times but Fiance hasn’t so it will still be special.

Ooh, what about Montreal or Quebec-very romantic and plenty of night life too.  Just a thought…

Post # 12
287 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrsvd: we worked with a travel guy who does exclusively honeymoon travel. we originally wanted to do a mediterranean cruise as well but he kinda talked us out of it, telling us that they aren’t luxury ships like in the US/caribbean and it ends up being really kinda busy and not relaxing since you’re only docked at each city for a few hours. our guy did the booking through Classic Vacations – and there were great as well, especially since we ended up having to make some changes during our time there and they took care of everything. i would definitely recommend using an agent who is knowledgabe of the area and can book all your transfers and hotels.

we used points for our flights. we went for 9 nights i believe. 2 nights in athens, 3 in crete, 3 santorini, last night in athens right by the airport. athens was the only place we did tourist sightseeing as you have to go to the acropolis. we rented a car in crete and drove through the mountains and to a few different beaches. santorini we mainly relaxed and wandered. went on a sunset cruise our last night there. the people are really awesome and friendly and the food is AMAZING! hubs believes it was all together maybe 6K, but we really stayed at luxury places and i’m sure we could have done it much cheaper. it was awesome.  hubs had never been to europe, and like you, we wanted to go somewhere neither of us had been.

anyway, PM me if you want any further info or if i can help you any further.

Post # 13
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Another August 2011 bride.  We are going to Greece as well πŸ™‚ Beaches no hurricanes – lots of history to explore

@Andy113 – thank you for the fabulous description!!!

The topic ‘Where to Honeymoon in August 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors