(Closed) Where’d You Get ’em & How Much? (Invitations)

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
596 posts
Busy bee

i ordered from costco and got beautiful invites with RSVP cards and lined envelopes for <$3 each.  the unit cost goes down as you order more – i only ordered 50.

i’m not a big invite person, so i was determined not to spend a lot of money on them. 

Post # 4
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

We are going to order them from cardsandpockets.com.  We only need 60, but invites, folders, outer envelopes,reply cards and envelopes, plus extra sheets for hotel accomodations and extra info will only be about $170, including shipping. 

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I paid $3-something per set which included the invites, rsvp card and envelope, direction card, and reception card.  Our address was printed on the main envelope and rsvp envelope from Karah.

Post # 6
278 posts
Helper bee

I made wedding invitations for my boyfriend’s sister who is getting married this year.  They are gateway invitations with ribbon, rsvp, direction cards, envelopes and they came out to $2 per invitation.  we ordered our paper products from paper-source.com

Post # 7
38 posts
Newbee

Hey – I actually made my own invitations.  I ordered enough paper for 200 invites (We really only used about 100, so I am saving the rest for programs).  Total cost of paper and supplies for 200 invites was right around $200 which averages at about $1/invite, which is a GREAT deal!  (That included invite, rsvp and reception card, an inner and outer envelope).  If you would like handmade invitations, I am planning on starting a business soon and would love to wokr something out with you.  Maybe for the cost of supplies and some great feedback!  I’d love to chat with you about it.  Email me: [email protected]

Post # 8
38 posts
Newbee

Oh – and I forgot to mention – I ordered my paper from http://www.paperandmore.com they are great!  make sure you order samples of the colors you would like to test them out. 

Post # 9
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I am making my invitations myself also. For 100 invitations it is probably going to cost somewhere around $700.00.

Post # 10
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I’m making my own letterpress invitations. With Crane Lettra paper, Crane crested envelopes in A7 and 4bar and a custom embosser, the total is running about $200 for invitations, rsvps, save the dates and reception cards for about 140 invitations. 

The letterpress was a big expenditure, but since I’ve owned it from before my engagement, I’m not counting it as an expense (and they retain value quite well, so if I ever sell it, I’ll prob. make my money back).

Post # 11
14 posts
Newbee

I used seal-and-sends.  They were about $1 each and you save on postage, too because the reply card is a postcard.

Post # 12
62 posts
Worker bee

I made my own with stuff from formal-invitations.com for about a dollar each.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

I haven’t bought mine yet by http://www.etsy.com is a website where artisits sell their stuff and there are a lot of great invitations from tons of graphic designers huge variety of styles and competitive pricing

Post # 14
22 posts
Newbee

Target, baby!  I bought 200 blank invites/response cards, etc. (sold in boxes of 50) and spent around $110 including tax.  I’ll spend some money on printing, but all in all a great deal!

The topic ‘Where’d You Get ’em & How Much? (Invitations)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors