(Closed) Which dress?!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I personally have preference for the ballgown style, but I don’t like the way the lace overpiece (or is it attached?) sits on you. It seems like it attaches weirdly to the waist. I like the simplicity of it. 

The other one looks beautiful on you too, but if it’s not the style you want then it’s not for you. It does fit you very well though. 

If you want the ball gown style but that ones not the one try on more in that style from other stores. If you find nothing you’ll always have the fallback option of the other one. 

Post # 17
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

#2 by far, it’s gorgeous on your figure and I love the high neck and dramatic back.  The lace topper doesn’t work with the ruched bodice of the A line.  If you want to wear a lace topper, I’d recommend picking a dress with a smooth satin or lace bodice.

Post # 18
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

The first dress is stunning on you!!! I myself picked a mermaid, but if i had your figure I would go with the ballgown. The topper isn’t too much either, its very ethereal and elegant looking. And the great thing is you can take it off…and if you dont like sleeveless you can easily add removable off the shoulder tulle straps so that way you have 2-3 looks with one dress. The ballgown with the topper is very monique lhuillier, who i adore style wise. if youre gonna go with fitted dont do the second one, you have a great shape and the second one in my opinion is meh… if you go that route I would look for a different fitted dress…. but stick to the first dress. Just timeless elegant and beautiful!

Post # 19
877 posts
Busy bee

#2 hands down.  The high neck and subtle lace along with the cut out is just amazing on your figure. The ball gown for being a ball gown is very plain.  If you really want a ball gown, then maybe try some others on?

Post # 20
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

You look great in both dresses!   I prefer the first dress,  but ultimately just choose the dress that you love the most.   You can make a wrong decision.   

Post # 21
3728 posts
Sugar bee

The first one is my preference. It screams “classic bride” to me! I love that the lace looks so very light.  It’s so very romantic and when it comes to weddings I am big on the romance factor.

Post # 22
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

the ballgown!

Post # 23
134 posts
Blushing bee

You have an amazing figure so both look great!!! I like the second dress!!! That silhouette is AMAZING on your body!!!!dress 2 is super elegant and classic and has an understated effortlessness about it. But you have to go with what feels right for you!!!

Post # 24
5058 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
alieanne92 :  TBH I think the high necklines on both the dresses are suffocating you. I like the back of the mermaid dress on you and the fit of the skirt from bust to toe. Could you have the neckline altered to scoop down more because that is where it doesn’t look as good….or maybe keep looking if you are not really sure if you love either. You should love your dress and feel like you in it. It doesn’t sound like you do. 

Post # 25
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

The mermaid style looks INCREDIBLE on you but at the end of the day, its important to feel like yourself on your wedding day! Both dresses are beautiful but which one made you smile more? 

Post # 26
29 posts
Newbee

The second dress fits you like a glove! Stunning. Wish I had the figure to pull off something like that myself! 🙂

Post # 28
1468 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I genuinely love both (I’m a sucker for long sleeves) but that second one is GORGEOUS- you look AMAZING!

The topic ‘Which dress?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors