Dress 1 : (24 votes)
    52 %
    Dress 2 : (22 votes)
    48 %
  • Post # 2
    432 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2016

It’s hard to give a useful opinion without seeing the dresses on you but based off the pictures you’ve provided the second one is very beautiful. Have you tried any dresses on to see if you even like how ballgowns look on you? 

Post # 3
    2005 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

You need to show us them in you- ir at least the same angle of the dress. I like the first wah better. 

Post # 5
    291 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2016 - 1950s themed bar

I don’t want to be offensive, but you mentioned chubby arms – do you have a chubby tummy too? Because I find that natural waists are sooo much better at hiding love handles!!! Also, I think that straps cut off the arm and makes the size more noticeable. And, it’s possible the second pic skirt is similar to the first because she’s sitting down (in terms of ballgownness)? I like both dresses – the first is a great flattering cut, and the second has that pretty lace detailing, but I don’t like the size of the straps – they seem too dainty and sort of out of proportion? Getting a dress made with all the features you love is my vote 

Post # 6
    2 posts
    Wannabee

Dress 1 is really pretty!

Post # 8
    291 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2016 - 1950s themed bar

jss77:  Oh I see…yeah I have a little bulge around the lower tummy but small bust so natural waist is awesome for me 

Post # 9
    2176 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2016

I love the first one. The secomd one is gorgeous but reminds me of a ballerina instead of a princess/queen. 

Post # 10
    1457 posts
    Bumble bee

I do like the style of the second one more if that’s the feedback you’re looking for, but I don’t think finding that actual dress is a reality unless you’re thinking if going the replica route. Just throwing that out there… although similar styles are probs find-able. You need @illusier in here lol

Post # 12
    1323 posts
    Bumble bee

So I have a somewhat large bust, but I am generally very tall and average sized. I tried on that first dress, and I really think it’s not super flattering on anyone with a large bust. Maybe they could fix it with alterations, but the torso part of the dress was so short when trying it on it made me like about 3-4 sizes bigger than I was. A longer torso on you would probably be best from what you are saying, but you really need to do something to try these on I think, even if it means taking a day trip to somewhere far

Post # 14
    237 posts
    Helper bee

I think some of it comes down to your wedding theme/vibe too. The first one is very pretty, a ballgown version of boho. It’s floaty and ethereal. The second one is more dressy/grown up glamour.

I think the second style needs a small waist (I mean in proportion to the rest of you!) but it would also support a larger bust better. I’m a Dear Daughter and I wouldn’t go near the first one myself but then it’s not my personal style. I do think the skirt on the first one is very dreamy. I think chubby arms are chubby arms no matter what you wear! 😉 The one thing I’d avoid is cap sleeves, but neither of your dresses have those. I can’t see the arm style would make a lot of difference to what your arms look like.

Sorry if this doesn’t help but it’s an opinion! 🙂 On the plus side, you’ve picked two lovely dresses.

The topic ‘Which Dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors