Which dress?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which Dress?
    Illusion champagne with beading. : (46 votes)
    49 %
    Paloma Blanca spaghetti strapped with lace top : (48 votes)
    51 %
  • Post # 2
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

Can you post pictures?!

Post # 6
    2128 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

canhorsegal :  oh goodness that 2nd dress is gorgeous. But I also think the first is elegant. I’d be wary about overspending that much on your dress especially if you already bought one. If you have $$ concerns $2,700 on a dress is not the right place to spend that money.

If you really want it are there ways you can save for it on your own? I got a 2nd job this summer to pay for specific “selfish” wedding splurges like getting 2 diamond eternity bands and a couture gown. These are things I wanted to spend extra on that do not have anything to do with my Fiance so he shouldn’t have to spend $ on them.

If your Fiance isn’t happy about you spending the money you’ll have to find a different way. It’s not fair to your future to make such a large financial investment in a single use dress. 

Post # 7
    271 posts
    Helper bee

I voted for the dress you already have. I love the beading and flattering style of it. The spaghetti strap one is nice but that seems like a lot of money. If you like the style of that one better I wonder if you could find something similar that was cheaper? Then again if you can afford it and love it, go for it.

Post # 8
    3874 posts
    Honey bee

They are very different styles.  The PB seems to me to have a more casual, almost boho feel while your original dress is very glamorous. I’ma great believer that your “feeling” when you slip on the dress should guide you. I personally lean towards the more glamorous, classically styled one (very beautiful with it’s asymetrical ruching and it’s illusion bodice) but it’s not me wearing the dress.  Only you can judge what feels right for you on your wedding day.

Post # 9
    134 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

When I went looking for my dress, I wanted a dress that wasn’t just a white dress, but a wedding dress. The second dress doesn’t look special enough, perhaps it is because I cannot see it in person but it seems too casual for me. Seems to be a white sun dress. The first one is what I would call a wedding dress. I love the underneath movement and the sparkle of the top part. Lovely

Post # 10
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2017 - Chase Court

i honestly like the one you already bought MUCH better and it looks great on you. I think hIt’s hard to tell how the second one would look because it does not appear to be your size.

Post # 11
    245 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2022

I much prefer the second Paloma one but I have issues with the illusion look… 

have you looked into how much the first one would fetch if you sold it on? Might help justify getting the second!

Post # 12
    8042 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

canhorsegal :  

Well those are totally different dresses and styles  aren’t they ! I’m  wondering if you went off the glamourous  aspect of the first  and decided a  more boho , younger look  was the look you really wanted ?

Either way they are both lovely dresses though  $2700 seems like a lot for the second one …

Your post really suggests you are only  ‘settling’ for the first, never a good thing  ! I wonder  if you can get a cheaper version of no 2, if it is the look you want?

FWIW, I like the second best as I am not a fan of sparklement really.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors