posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What do you think?

a bit too much cleavage - I’d find another dress

Get it! The cleavage isn’t too much

• Post # 2
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2021

If you only posted the second and third pictures, I would totally say get it! It looks gorgeous on you.  However, the first picture looks more revealing.  I think I would feel awkward around my family in that.  It seems right on the line of “too much.” But it does look amazing on you!

Post # 3
    538 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

I said get it, but maybe you should consider a modesty panel? Given the gray horizontal lines of the bodice, i think you could make it work without being out of place. 

Post # 4
    476 posts
    Helper bee

bridalfunseattleflowers :  Another Washington-based bride was looking at this exact dress a month or so back, though she had a considerably different shape than you. 

I think the dress is so stunning, but while you are slim and have a beautiful figure, I think being even a little bit chesty makes that dress a little too immodest for my tastes. I second having a modesty panel put in.

Post # 5
    1617 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2019 - City, State

I think it’s great as is!

Post # 6
    19 posts
    Newbee

This dress is stunning on you!!! I don’t think the cleavage is too much, but I guess that depends on your comfort level and how you normally dress. 

Post # 7
    718 posts
    Busy bee

Gorgeous dress, fits you beautifully! But it would be a little too much cleavage for me to feel comfortable around my family. What’s your general comfort level with your family, in-laws etc?

Also, your post title is ‘which dress!’ – were you comparing this dress to another favourite?

Post # 8
    190 posts
    Blushing bee

Girl you look INCREDIBLE! That dress seriously looks magical on you! It’s YOUR day and if that dress makes you feel special, wear it! As long as you’re comfortable, I see nothing wrong with wearing what you want to wear. Maybe I’m too open minded but I don’t think a bride should have to worry about what other people will think of the amount of cleavage she chooses to show in her dress, as long as she feels confident. 

Post # 9
    167 posts
    Blushing bee

I say get it if you’re comfortable. You look AMAZING!!! 

Post # 10
    2134 posts
    Buzzing bee

It looks stunning on you and I think your modesty level determines what you are comfortable wearing on your wedding day. This would be too much for me and I can only imagine how my in laws would look at me, but I very rarely show any cleavage at all so if your comfortable with it. Go for it. It does look absolutely gorgeous on you .

Post # 11
    2915 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    bridalfunseattleflowers :  Bikinis are more revealing! It’s gorgeous on you, so if you love it, get it!

Post # 12
    401 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2019

I totally love this gown and I think it’s not too revealing at all. It looks stunning on you and you don’t have to doubt at all!

Post # 13
    29 posts
    Newbee

Looks beautiful on you and would really suit a whimsical garden ceremony. It may depend on the weather, how “liberal” your family are and your usual style, but I think with a down hairdo (or half up, half down) that would also add a little touch of skin coverage to even out the look. Personally, I think it looks great!

Post # 14
    547 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

I think it’s amazing on you and when you get it altered to fit you it will be even better. What about getting it lined inside? Would that help?

Post # 15
    10526 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    bridalfunseattleflowers :  

It is beautiful dress and you look great in it,  but that is one hell of a plunge neckline  and, given there is not much other  coverage  anywhere else in the top,  I think it’s rather too much  exposed  flesh for a wedding dress – the first pic shows pretty much half a breast per side!   

A modesty panel sounds a really good idea. But again, you do look lovely.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors