Casablanca 1992 : (92 votes)
    29 %
    Casablanca 1999 : (225 votes)
    71 %
  • Post # 47
    185 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I love the 1999, it just seems to fit you much better.

Post # 48
    248 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Second dress! You look stunning!! 

Post # 49
    11 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I liked the fitted one, second on better on you. The neckline is so elegenat, and it shows your curves better compared to the A-line one.

Post # 50
    156 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I loooovvveeee you in #2. You seem to be glowing in it!

Post # 51
    40 posts
    Newbee

100% go with #2

Post # 52
    31 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I’d go with 1999! It really is a gorgeous dress and it is also the dress I’m going with.

My dress story is similar to yours! I tried on one Casablanca dress and had my mind made up on it, when we went to order the dress, the store I was ordering the dress from was having a Casablanca trunk show. We picked up this dress thinking it was the one I wanted(they are both similar in style and design) and then realized it wasn’t. We loved this dress so much more and ordered it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 54
    12 posts
    Newbee

I absolutely love dress #2… might I also add this is the dress I just ordered for my June 2012 wedding! It is just so modern and elegant and swiss dot fabric really does add something special to this dress!! Not only is the detailing of the dress amazing, but the fit is just one of a kind! It really flatters you as well!!!

Post # 55
    143 posts
    Blushing bee

I love 1999!  I’m also wearing it for my wedding in September 2011.   You look lovely, I hope it looks half as good on me as it does on you.  I’m happy to see the fit on you too because the model (on casablanca.come) wears this dress very tight to her hips and I think it looks nicer when it flows. 

@erikab712   Do you have any photos you can post?  I would love to see the fit on you as well. 

Also what color did you girls get yours in?  I ordered white, but may switch out the ribbon to Champagne…

Post # 56
    143 posts
    Blushing bee

I love Dress # 2, and it just so happens to be my dress too!  I’m glad you posted a picture of the dress because when I went on the Casablanca website the model was wearing the dress very tight through her waist and hips, but I think it looks nicer when it is a bit more flowy, which is how you have it. 

@erikab712Do you have any photos of the dressa nd how you plan to wear it?  Accessroies/shoes/fit etc. 

@littlemissvintage -Do you have any photos of the dressa nd how you plan to wear it?  Accessroies/shoes/fit etc.

What color did you ladies get it in?  I got white, but I’m hoping it is not too stark white. 

Post # 58
    12 posts
    Newbee

@HnyBee: I dont have any pictures that show the fit on me, the sample size I tried on was itty bitty! However, the fit I am going for is the fit like the model on the casablanca website. I like the fit of a mermaid but not so mermaid, which is why I fell in love with this dress! I like how it fits thru the thighs and gradually flows out! My dress doesn’t come in until April, I am a june 2012 bride… I got Ivory all over, I tried on white with a champagne sash and it didn’t go with my color scheme, the all over ivory with silver accents just made the sparkle pop!! I am wearing a cathediral veil with simple ivory heels…my fiance and I have decided to switch into converse after the ceremony for all the pictures!

Post # 60
    12 posts
    Newbee

@Golden139: Not jumpin in at all! thats what this is all about!! Thanks for the compliment, yeah we are both very excited to change into converse!! it is more our style rather than something so formal! What have you decided to pair with your dress, veil, shoes, colors?!

Post # 61
    567 posts
    Busy bee

@Golden139: Love the first one.  Looks stunning on you.  Oh I see we’re wedding day twins ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Which Dress is THE Dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors