(Closed) Which Dress: Sabelle or PL1383

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress do you like better on me?
    Dress #1: Maggie Sottero Sabelle : (72 votes)
    61 %
    Dress #2: Private Label 1383 : (46 votes)
    39 %
  • Post # 17
    Hostess
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Look as previous ppl have mentioned you look great in both. I honestly like the first one better. Both a little over the top for my style however you have the body to pull it off.

The reason I voted for the first ones are following: The train is a lot nicer. The dress is already detailed and beauitful and the train reflects that whereas the private label train is really ornate already on an ornate dress so I think its too much personally.

Secondly: I think the cut out with the lace on the side is much more organic to the dress, it flows out beautifully into the train and looks really natural. The cut out on the second drress is a bit severe (even in the ivory) and looks a little stiff.

Thats my opinion I hope it helps!

Post # 19
    12246 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

@LOLgirl:  I WAS A SABELLE BRIDE!

Post # 20
    12246 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@LOLgirl:  I was a Sabelle Bride— I tried on Sabelle because it was the heaviest dress in the store it really is in the 50 pound range!

It has an INCREDIBLE corset built in, so you don’t really feel it until you’ve been wearing it for a while. I run half marathons, and by the end of four hours I was sweating and my legs were shaking just standing up!

Post # 23
    12246 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@LOLgirl:  I’m 122, for reference. My consultant actually said I was one of three brides she’s sold the dress to, and I was the biggest! At 5’7″ and 122lbs. She said the smallest was 4’10” and 89lbs.

Most of the weight is in a silk/something lining on the inside. If you get rid of that liner and replace it with satin or light weight, I bet it would be 30 or so pounds lighter.

I have a friend who interned at Alexander McQueen’s, and she said that Princess Kate’s dress and Sabelle are actually made using a similar technique (with an extremely heavy lining and lighter surface fabrics)! So that was cool.

Post # 24
    12246 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@LOLgirl:  I was the only bride scheduled for the day at the salon, and  my consultant and I REALLY clicked! So I spent like three hours trying on dresses just for fun. She pulled it out because she knew about my fatal attraction to heavy dresses.

I expected to laugh (I generally don’t like ruching, tafetta, or drop waists), and I was instantly in LOVE!

Post # 26
    502 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Keep looking

Post # 27
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I voted the Sabelle. The PL in red is stunning! I would have voted PL if you wanted red, but in ivory its too plain.

The topic ‘Which Dress: Sabelle or PL1383’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors