(Closed) Which dress? Torn between dresses/family members & opinons! Please help!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which one would you choose?
    Casablanca - 2038 : (38 votes)
    52 %
    Maggie Sottero - Talene : (8 votes)
    11 %
    Maggie Sottero - Geneva : (16 votes)
    22 %
    None - Keep Looking! : (11 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 3
    404 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

which one do you love? which one do you keep going back to and comparing other dresses to?  THAT is your dress.  Don’t worry about pleasing everynoe else, they will like whatever you choose.  Get what makes you happy and feel the way you want to feel on your wedding. 

Post # 4
    299 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Stick to the Geneva. Honestly you loved it so much an its YOUR day, not your sisters. When she sees you in it on your wedding day, guarantee..water works!

My sister is also my Maid/Matron of Honor and she came dress shopping with me and didn’t like stuff I liked. It was annoying cause you expect her to side with you. In the end, I picked what I wanted even though she was not crazy about it and all is fine!

Post # 5
    3368 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

You look wonderful in both gowns, but I’m with your sister… I really like the Casablanca gown.  I honestly think it’s prettier than both the other dresses, although I know a lot depends on how it looks in real life and on the real bride.  I looked it up on bestbridalprices.com for their huge pics, and it is a stunning gown.  It looks like it would hit you at the right places to be flattering, maybe even more so than the dress that made your mom cry.  I think it might make your waist look tiny, b/c of the cut and how the skirt would flow out.  Could it be possible that your mom cried b/c it was the first time seeing you in a wedding dress that fit appropriately?

Post # 7
    3368 posts
    Sugar bee

@Hines.Weis.Wedding:  So the Casablanca wasn’t available in a size that would give you a better idea of how it would actually look? 

Maybe you keep looking and see if there’s one that you are comparing all the others to?  That’s how I knew.

Post # 8
    1701 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

You have told us which dresses your mom and sister liked but YOU are the bride. Keep looking until you find a dress you LOVE!

Post # 9
    155 posts
    Blushing bee

Personally I like the Casablanca one the best, mostly because of the shape, but I agree that you should get the one you like best! It sounds like this may be the Geneva, which does look amazing on you. Good luck and let us know what you choose!

Post # 10
    40 posts
    Newbee

My opinion doesn’t matter since it is YOUR wedding but the Casablanca dress is so unique and breathtaking…. Did you LOVE the other ones when you had them on? But I remember I fell in love with a dress I saw online…and then I saw it in person and realized I hated it!!!

It’s worth you driving really far to see it in person at least.

good luck 🙂

Post # 11
    81 posts
    Worker bee

The Casablanca is beautiful but I would have to see you in it. The Talene is much more flattering on you than the Geneva. If you are that unsure maybe you should keep looking but if you have to choose now Casablanca or Talene.

Post # 12
    41 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I voted for the third one but I think they’re all beautiful. I would decide on the one YOU like the best and not tell anyone. The day of, they get to see. It’s your day not your mother’s or your sister’s.

🙂

Post # 13
    158 posts
    Blushing bee

K- i am not meaning to sound rude but you DO NOT look like a size 14 at all! You look way skinnier than that! 🙂

I love the Casablanca too!

Post # 16
    3368 posts
    Sugar bee

@Hines.Weis.Wedding:  Hopefully you can show us the pic … you are not huge and if you look that way, it’s definitely the dress.  I’d say don’t stop looking  if you’re not sure.  It’s frustrating as hell but you will find one that hits in just the right places and you feel amazing in.

The topic ‘Which dress? Torn between dresses/family members & opinons! Please help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors