- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
Fiance and I need input. We have two entree and two side choices for our buffet. I have chosen mine, but Fiance can’t decide on his. We’ve already done a tasting and I guess don’t get another (we were told there would be at least two more group tastings that we could attend before the wedding, and apparently, that was changed and we aren’t able to schedule a private tasting because they want us there on a weekday during the day).
So. I chose baked stuffed shells (pasta shells with ricotta and marinara) and mashed potatoes (heavy cream, garlic, butter). We’re also having a spring salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, and raisins in raspberry vinaigrette, if that makes a difference. Anyway, for the poll, choose one of each!
– Seafood Newburg: shrimp, scallops, and flake crab meat in a decadent sherry lobster cream
– Beef Burgundy: sauteed tenderloin tips in a rich burgundy sauce with wild mushrooms and pearl onions
– Chicken Franchise: breast of chicken, egg battered and pan seared, topped with a white wine lemon blanc
– Herb Crusted Pork Loin: boneless center cut pork loin, slow roasted and topped with apple brandy glaze
– Chicken Marsala: boneless chicken breast braised with marsala wine and mushrooms, finished with a brown sauce
– Bronzed Salmon: fresh Atlantic salmon, lightly blackened, served with seared pineapple and red peppers
I would personally probably eat the seafood thing and the chicken marsala, but Fiance is stuck between the pork (which he DID try) and the salmon. I don’t feel qualified to choose, since I have no idea what’s more “universal,” as I don’t eat pork or fish.
– Wild long grain rice (with butter and herbs)
– Green beans almandine
– Steamed broccoli
(There are a couple of other choices for sides, namely roasted potatoes and glazed baby carrots, but we already have potatoes and we will not eat glazed/cooked carrots.)