(Closed) Which June 2014 date is your wedding date?

posted 5 years ago in June 2014
  • poll: Which June 2014 date is your wedding day?
    Sunday, June 1 : (5 votes)
    3 %
    Friday, June 6 : (4 votes)
    3 %
    Saturday, June 7 : (30 votes)
    20 %
    Sunday, June 8 : (4 votes)
    3 %
    Friday, June 13 : (3 votes)
    2 %
    Saturday, June 14 : (24 votes)
    16 %
    Sunday, June 15 : (2 votes)
    1 %
    Friday, June 20 : (6 votes)
    4 %
    Saturday, June 21 : (35 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 3
    1784 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We were thinking of a May date but it’s both my and my fiances birthday that month, plus with memorial day in there it would just be too hectic. We nixed that idea and just moved it to early June. No special siginificance before it being our wedding day. πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    3276 posts
    Sugar bee

We wanted May but the venue was booked for all of May so we got the earliest date in June, which also happens to be our ring bearers 3rd birthday! So we’re making him a little cake:)

Post # 5
    2375 posts
    Buzzing bee

We picked June because May weather is too unpredictable here, July/August is usually sweltering and my allergies kick in around September πŸ˜›  And the 14 was because it made it easy to remember: 6-14-14.

Post # 6
    1044 posts
    Bumble bee

Originally, we were going to have a July date, but when we had our tour at Disney we were told that the prices would be going up again. They book up to 18 out so 6/28/14 was the last date we could book with the current prices. It’s a solid date and there’s something traditional and awesome about being a June bride πŸ™‚

Post # 7
    617 posts
    Busy bee

love this!

Post # 8
    1193 posts
    Bumble bee

@MrsN14:  We had a similar issue! We were completely set on May 17th, my parent’s anniversary, but we fell in love with a venue and it was already booked on that date. So, we asked them what else they had available. They had a date in April that turned out to be Easter weekend (so we knew our priest wouldn’t be available) and June 7th.

Post # 9
    4524 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

We are tentatively looking at the 28th. If not, we will most likely wait until June 28, 2015

Post # 10
    1293 posts
    Bumble bee

We just thought June 7 2014 sounded good! it flows and is usually a beautiful time of the year!

Post # 11
    477 posts
    Helper bee

@PaisleyMedic:  I wouldn’t have chosen Friday the 13th as my first pick, but if that’s what the venue had I would have taken it. It’s actually my favorite number – nothing to do with superstition or anything creepy, I was born on the 13th and have always like the number. I’m getting married June 6th! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
    1150 posts
    Bumble bee

We were going to do May 24 or 31, but then we realized that with any luck he will pass the CFA level 1 and will be taking the level 2 on June 7th. So, we decided on the 14th.

Plus, 6/14/14 has a good ring to it!

Post # 13
    5 posts
    Newbee

Hello, we got engaged NYE 2011 and as we’re paying for our own wedding 2012 was out of the question due to money. 2013 i’m superstisious about even though now i wish i had considered 13,06,13 as it’s my Dad’s 65th birthday. So 2014 it is. Ideally i wanted the 7th but we’re getting married in Spain and British weddings are only held Monday-Thursday in the venue we chose so Thursday 5th June 2014 is our date!!!x

Post # 14
    1411 posts
    Bumble bee

Aww yay! We wanted a summer wedding because we have a lot of teachers in the family, and when we found out the last weekend of June 2014 would be best for my fiancé’s doctor brother, and our wedding planner and the venue we liked had it available, it fell into place. Almost everyone is coming in from our of town to some degree, so a Saturday wedding seemed best, and June 28th it is. I like that there’s a bit of separation between the wedding, my birthday (the 2nd), my parents’ anniversary (the 16th), and my brothers’ birthday (the 17th). I do think the 21st would have been neat, but everything happens for a reason, right? πŸ˜›

Post # 15
    255 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

We chose June 21st. FI’s birthday is June 7, so that was out, and because we have students and teachers in the family summer was easier for everybody. I’m excited because as a general rule June is gorgeous along the California coast, but unfortunately Monterey weather can be unpredictable and chilly. We’re hoping for the best and making sure we have heat lamps just in case. We live in San Francisco, so I’m sure anything will feel warmer than our foggy summers.

Post # 16
    2076 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

@ladyamalthea:  We’re June birthday twins! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Which June 2014 date is your wedding date?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors