- Mrs Grape
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: December 2010
Another “fun” topic, right? 🙂 I’m trying to pick out a perfume to wear for our wedding. Here’s what I have (I’m not going to buy more this late in the game).
1) Victoria’s Secret Velvet Amber Blackberry. It’s a nicely balanced, warm scent that I usually wear in fall and winter. Doesn’t stay on as long as I’d like, but I like that it’s sweet without being overpowering. The main notes are amber, blackberry, and rose (very faint).
2) Victoria’s Secret Noir. There are a ton of fruity notes in this perfume, but I’d describe it as a blend of pear, a little vanilla, and a little (light) musk.
3) Sparkle (Rue 21). This is my all-time favorite perfume, even though it’s perhaps a little “young” for me. It reminds me of summer and is light and flirty…I wear it all the time, though, so maybe it’s not the best choice for our wedding day.
4) Nollie. This has a really sweet, fruity scent. It’s FH’s favorite, but I’m not such a fan anymore. Copied and pasted from the site: “Nollie combines the scents of sweet fruit & light floral undertones with hints of pink rose petals & white jasmine.”
5) Lucky You. I copied and pasted this description: “fresh citrus with light flowers and lower notes of sandalwood, amber and musk.” I love it, but I don’t think FH is so crazy about it because it can come off a little strong at first.
6) Shania Starlight. Yeah, don’t judge me for having this scent–it’s actually pretty nice. It’s another fruity floral perfume; the most noticeable scent is freesia, but I think there’s some magnolia and apple in there as well. It’s a nice clean scent, a little heavier than I’m used to wearing, but I was really into this perfume for a long time.
7) Basic rose perfume. My great-aunt bought me this scent a few years ago, and I like it–it’s very classic, but I’d have to be super-careful not to let it get too strong.
Right now, I’m leaning toward #1 or #2, based on the time of year. My aunt has a Burberry scent that I might steal, if the mood strikes me; I also gave her my Glow by JLo perfume about a year ago because I didn’t love it. (That one’s an option as well, though)