(Closed) Which province to buy the marriage licence?

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
1069 posts
Bumble bee

You will have to get it in Alberta because you need an Alberta license.

Post # 4
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

You need to get it in the province you will be married

Post # 5
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

IDK about where you live but in the US it’s the city where your ceremony is.  If the county’s have websites you can search for this.  I just googled “marriage license town/citty/state” and got the info I needed.

Post # 7
5177 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2010

Yup, Alberta, but you can drive across the border to any town or city with a registry to get it if you are not going to be here in advance enough of your wedding to get one. You do not need to buy it in city or whatever you are getting married in. It is valid for three months. 


Here is a link to what information you need and requirements you need to meet to get one!:


The topic ‘Which province to buy the marriage licence?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors