(Closed) Which ring? Could really use some female advice thanks!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
2748 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@orchidaloha:  I’m more inclined to simple things myself, and I feel like the second one is less over the top than the first. Probably  because I feel like all of the miligrain and sidestones can be a bit busy, while the lines on the second has cleaner lines. I find it kind of funny that we can both think that he should go with the less over the top one, but then pick opposite rings.

Post # 18
2265 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

the second one looks like its going to be very uncomfortable!

Post # 19
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Eckle:  I actually agree. The second one seems less over-the-top to me, in this case. It is, however, more unique. I love the second one personally. But I would not want a white sapphire – if I were going to get a clear stone, I would choose a diamond or moissanite.

Post # 20
2748 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@tallierand:  Yep, I think a moissy in that setting would be fantastic

Post # 22
2354 posts
Buzzing bee

#2 looks….painful.

I don’t love the first one, but it gets my vote by default. 

Post # 24
37 posts
Newbee

#2 will get banged up on stuff and caught on stuff…so be careful if you are a nurse or have a physical job

hence i like 1

Post # 25
2039 posts
Buzzing bee

@davinci179:  The first ring is pretty! The second looks like it may be a uncomfortable and snag clothing etc.

Post # 26
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I like the second one but it looks like it could be uncomfortable.

Post # 27
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2021

For initial dramatic effect – is definitely ring #2. Pick this for the shock and wow factor.

* Think ahead – after the big box opening moment: will she be wearing this 24/7? or keeping it safely tucked away until she wears it for going out? 

Reason: in real ring life, outside of the crushed velvet box… rings snag on sweaters in the winter, snag in hair when grooming, or snag on just about anything, pockets included (and can drive the owner bonkers). Even when in love with a style, it doesn’t make it practical to wear.

BIG decision factor: what band will fit / go with ring #2 ????  It might be tough to find, you may even have to design a custom wedding band to go with it. 

For these reasons, I would steer you toward a more traditional mount. 

WHY NOT TAKE the head and basket from ring #2 and have it mounted onto ring #1 ?

I think that would be a perfect combination. Original – just for her from you 😉 

Post # 28
2181 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I like the second one, but I personally would make a few changes on it. I think it would be more comfortable if the leaves didn’t go all the way around the band and were just more on the top, so they don’t poke her fingers or her hand underneath. Other than that, I think it looks great! I love the prongs/basket around the stone, it’s really beautiful!

Post # 29
1174 posts
Bumble bee

They are both beautiful, but unless your girlfriend specifically asked for the second ring…I would go with the first one. The first is timeless and just overall a nice e-ring. The second, while it’s pretty and unique..doesn’t look to me like an everyday ring.

Just my opinion. Good luck!

Post # 30
8499 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

#2 doesn’t seem practical for something you’re going to be wearing the rest of your life. Also, are there any real life images of it? I’ve just seen some people very unhappy with the actual product when they ordered from a CAD drawing.

I also second the moissanite suggestion.

Post # 31
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Oh boy…hard one. First of all, both are absolutely stunning! First one is more practical however.  As beautiful as the second one is, I wanted floral inspired but had the problem Im about to mention, first time she bumps her hand on something-those leaves are gonna be flat.  If she is going to be wearing this on the job, it may also present a problem.  Im sitting here in a very bent ring from it was pretty, but not tough enough to handle working in a vet clinic.  It didnt last 2 shifts before I was putting it on my shirt. 

I love that you are getting female opinions though. Lucky girl! Im sure she will be thrilled with either! The first one is also one that I could see being passed down to grandchildren… its a timeless beauty.

The topic ‘Which ring? Could really use some female advice thanks!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors