Which Stuart Weitzman boots? Suede vs Leather, Reserve v 5050

posted 2 years ago in Entertainment
Post # 2
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I have black leather 50/50s and LOVE them 😍😍. They’ve held up over 5 years. And I vote leather, much more durable than suede. 

Post # 3
4910 posts
Honey bee

I vote black leather. Super cute! I like the gray too but if you don’t have black already then I’d go with black.

Post # 4
729 posts
Busy bee

Black leather as well. My mom’s wise word: never buy suede. If wet/stains it is much harder to clean. Or you can keep them clean but it needs more maintenance, like it needs more often suede spray protector and brushing

Post # 5
2394 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I like the suede but vote leather for longevity. I’m not a big fan of the grey because of the black panel on the back. 

Post # 6
4830 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

silentnanny :  Black leather – it’s classic, and they look great!

Post # 7
6161 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

The black leather, definitely! They’ll last longer and the wear will look good on them as years pass.

The two two grey seems more of a trendy thing that won’t look good in a few year’s time.

Post # 8
661 posts
Busy bee

I’ve had the black leather reserves for about 4 years. I LOVE them. I’ve had to give them a little TLC since I wear them all the time, but they are AMAZING shoes and have held up extraordinarily well. Worth every penny. 

Post # 9
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

In terms of style, I think the Reserve is more flattering on you.

Post # 10
1221 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - -

I recommend Tarrago Nano Protector for anyone who has faux fur or suede anything. I like the look of the black suede Reserve, but of course they won’t hold up as well as a normal smooth/pebble leather because you can’t simply revive it with a conditioner. But I also don’t wear Weitzman or any of my good shoes in regular, heavy bad weather. I have Hunter or Mukluks for the heavy snow and rain.

Post # 11
6294 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

silentnanny :  the Reserve gets my vote. As to suede vs leather, as PPs have said leather is much more durable, however I prefer the look of suede. So it probably depends how often/where/in what weather conditions you plan to wear them.

Post # 12
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 1997

Black leather.

Post # 13
909 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Love the black leather ones.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors