- 8 years ago
EDIT: If you don’t want to read this whole thing, just scroll down to the pros and cons lists and vote!
Ok, my wedding photographer is AMAZING. she is flying in from the US and gave me an awesome deal for my wedding since she was already going to be in Jamaica for another wedding the same week! Otherwise I could not even afford her. I am paying $1500 for her and normally she charges $2500 and up.
Before booking her though, I had booked the first photographer I found. He lives in Jamaica and was a bit cheaper ($1000), and i went with him because I knew another bride who had him for her wedding about a year ago. She recommended him and I thought i will make this simple by not looking elsewhere.
A couple of months after I booked him, i was looking at his website and realizing more and more that i was not a fan of his pictures. They were just not very high quality overall and nothing over the top. I couldn’t resist doing the research I had not done before and started emailing all kinds of Destination Wedding and Jamaica based photographers. The one person I knew in my heart I wanted turned out to be too expensive….that was until she cut me an awesome deal! yes, i got my dream photographer. The one i would have picked even if money was not an issue.
So since i had already booked the other guy, i felt bad cancelling him. I had paid $100 deposit and i was okay losing it. I decided that the only thing i did like about his portfolio were his TTD pics and he knew a good spot in Jamaica to go take them under a waterfall. So i said i would keep him for that.
Then my wedding photographer tells me she will almost match his price. She brought down the cost of her TTD from $600 to $350! The other guy is charging me $250 – BUT to get to the waterfall I have to pay for transportation there and back, which will be about $100 or more. so essentially the price is the same between the 2 of them.
PROS AND CONS FOR BOTH
Reasons for going with the Jamaican guy (PROS)
– I feel bad for already cancelling the wedding
– He will take us to the cool waterfall
Reasons to NOT go with Jamaican guy (CONS)
– His pictures overall are not as good quality
– We have to worry about the hassle of travelling and no bathrooms to change in at waterfall
Reasons for going with our wedding photographer (PROS)
– better to have one photographer for everything
– don’t have worry about travelling and using up half a day instead of an hour or 2 at our resort one morning
Reasons for NOT going with our wedding photographer (CONS)
– She has only done one TTD session before and the pics were not as romantic looking as i want (but maybe i can be clear about what i want and send her some inspirtation pics? I am trusting her 100% to do an awesome job at my wedding)
– No cool waterfall
SO BEES, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PICK!!! I NEED TO DECIDE ASAP!