- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
Hi Bees xx
I’m SO happy to have you here – my bridesmaid is overseas and said that she would like my dress to be a surprise to her as well so I’m really counting on you guys a lot and it has been great thanks xxx
Onto my next request.
For those of you who don’t know – my wedding dress will be a Maison Kas replica – something like this:
I just want the skirt to look a bit more like this one: (more seethrough)
Aspects that influence my veil choice:
1. The back detailing ofcourse (so the veil will be very thin) – I also read that a fingertip veil is great to wear as it ends just enough past the detailing to still keep it visible. Does it emphasise one’s hips though?
2. I don’t like a veil hanging infront of my shoulders (I prefer the idea of having it at the back but if a particular veil suits my dress better I will go that route).
3. Comfort & Elegance – I like a cathedral length but I’ve seen how uncomfortable it can be.
4. The possibility of wind down the isle
5. I really want to wear a tiara as it is the only time in one’s life that I know of where one can be appropriately worn and it is beautiful
6. I’m not too fussed with having the veil open from the beginning but I read that a neck length veil on top of a fingertip veil will still keep the back details of the dress opens when it is pulled back over the face – but it might put more poof around my face.
Our isle is out in the open mostly near a beach – do you think a long veil has a better chance of not blowing away because it is heavier?
Or do you recommend a veil with crystals or pearls on to make it heavier? Currently my dress doesn’t have any crystals or pearls on but if it will help the veil from blowing away I will consider adding to it.
My hair will be any of the following or a combination thereof.
A. This with some side curls:
This is what I mean by side curls:
Being side curls, it won’t cover the back detailing.
My only concern with a side pony/curl type style is that it might look out of fashion very quickly. I don’t feel comfortable with wearing my hair all up though as my hair is the one feature I have that I really like.
My hairdresser said because my dress is A-symmetric… so I might just go for something like this instead:
B. Curls with shorter hair
So with all of that said,
these are looks I like (hair and veil combined):
Which of these veils do you think will suit the look best:
1. A plain fingertip length tulle veil with a tiny bit of the same lace appliques that will go on my dress (to make that subtle link between the dress and the veil).
2. Very plain and thin (but stunning) tulle fingertip veil.
3. Although I don’t like the thought of my shoulders being covered by the veil, I do think this is a very nice look and will compliment my dress quite well (It would just have to be a bit longer – up to fingertip veil length to ensure my back is still very visible.):
4. Other – If you have a suggestion you’d like to make, please do so x
Any feedback on any of the above (hair or veil or anything) will be appreciated thanks xx