Post # 106
1. We met online when he was in the process of moving here from the south and talked for a couple of months before we were both like “Okay, we need to meet”. A friend of mine was having a birthday party at a public place, so I invited him to that. I was sitting near the door with another friend when he walked in. I’d never seen a picture and neither had he, so when he realized I was me and I realized he was him, it was just… magic. We had our first date the next day and have been together since.
2. He has been one of my biggest supports in going back to school, and I’ll do the same for him when he goes back. He even came with me the day I enrolled (and we went to see Frozen afterward). He’s also my biggest support in getting the externship I want for when I finish school, even though it would take me across the country. If that externship ends in a permanent job offer, he’s willing to move with me so I can chase my dream.
3. We have a habit of asking each other “What do you think of (fill in the blank with something we’ve always wanted, like I want a house with a giant porch)?” or saying “I’ve always wanted (same fill in the blank)”. There’ve only been a few that we haven’t agreed on.
4. We’re both sci-fi and Disney nerds, but he doesn’t really like my favorite genre, which is horror. Sometimes I have to spoil the movie for him so he won’t start spazzing out about it (omg, Cabin in the Woods was bad for that).
5. Even though he says I’m going to make him fat, he’s willing to serve as a test subject when I bake new recipes or am trying to replicate something from school. I’m glad for this, since he tends to give unbiased responses (unlike some people I know).
Post # 107
1) we met online. He’d been on there 16 months and was planning to leave. I’d joined only a few DAYS earlier!!
2) I’d arranged to meet another guy (knowing I really liked SO after the first date but not knowing how he felt) but cancelled with the other guy the morning after mine and SOs 2nd date because I knew he was a special one
3) one of our favourite past times is making up and singing silly songs to each other. About food, about our dogs, about chores – anything!
4) we’re both incredibly creative and have a designated craft room in our house
5) I’ve never been able to talk to anyone as openly as I do him. We communicate brilliantly, and that’s the thing I love most about us.
Post # 108
fun! I’ll play!
1) When my friend first pointed DH out to me I loved his smile but told her he wasn’t my type.
2) when we first started dating we sat about 60 ft away from each other. We worked at thr same company but different depts
3) we were dating 4 months when I was in a very bad accident and he stayed by my side for 14 hours while I was in the trauma unit. He had an interview the following day and apparently the only reason he left was bc I was very insistent that he made the interview. I guess I told my mom he HAD to go and asked her to make sure he didn’t miss it bc of me
4) dh is 14 inches taller than me. I’m 5’2 and he is 6’4
5) I didn’t believe in soul mates until I met him
Post # 109
1. he asked me out about 5-6 years before i actually went out with him. we were both getting out of other relationships and i was busy being a college girl so he didnt register with me like that. fast forward, he asks again and he got the date. lol
2. he makes music and we have a room in the house where we have late night dance parties for just us, lol.
3. he’s 6 years older than me
4. he only told one person he planned on proposing when he did, so not to ruin the surprise. we were all shocked!
5. we’re cat people <3
Post # 110
1) I almost cancelled our first day because I so over dating and things not working out.
2) he’s 1 year younger than me, my dad is 1 year younger than my mom, and my Brother-In-Law is 1 year younger than my sister!
3) he’s truly the best man I’ve ever known besides my dad
4) we plan on tlc right after wedding
5) we met on eharmony
Post # 111
1) He is 8 years older than I am…we met when I was 20 and was 28. We are coming up to our 5th year together
2) We said our I love you’s within a month of dating and were certain of us being soul mates
3) SO is really good with computors…so much so that he has fixed mine dozens of times, and my mother usually calls him when she has issue with hers.
4) I met him at a time when I was considering moving back to my home province after a year and a half of being in the one I’m currently in.
5) We like to dance in the kitchen when I’m cooking…He can’t cook so I do it all, so sometimes he will come up to me and start dancing with me to show his appreciation. It’s quite cute.
Post # 112
1. I had a MAJOR crush on my SO when I was a freshman and he was a senior in highschool (he didnt know of me in highschool).
2. We met a few years later in college and started seeing echother randamly (both in our having fun in college phase) for a few months and then stopped
3. 2 years later he contacted me saying he never could really get me out of his head.. we started officially dating in 2010.
4. I now know he has been making payments on a ring!! 🙂 couldnt be more excited!!
5. He comes from a large italian family which I couldnt love more to be apart of now! My family is big but not really close like his. He is truely perfect for me in every way!
Post # 113
1. We met in high school but then didn’t talk after graduation for another 10 years! Then we started seeing each other at the bars around our town and began talking again.
2. He is a Cowboys fan and I am a Giants fan and, if you know anything about football, you know that Sundays during football season can get very “interesting!”
3. Our first date was a simple “day date” at Panera. But I had so much fun.
4. We got engaged after 13 months.
5. Our first vacation together was to Florida. We had so much fun at Disney and universal studios!
Post # 114
1. Neither me or my SO were looking for a relationship when we met. We met online and met up in real life on a Monday, I stayed over on the Tuesday night, we stayed together all of Wednesday and were a couple by Thursday night.
2. My SO is 13 years older than me. When we met I was 20 and he was 33. I still had a childs passport.
3. We’re planning to become engaged between September 2014 and April 2015. I’d like a winter proposal.
4. I officially moved out of my family home and into his exactly 6 months after we met.
5. For the first 6 months of us being together we didn’t have one day where we didn’t see each other. That was only broken because I went on a holiday that was pre-booked before we met.
6. We want three children as we both have two siblings.
7. I struggle to be away from him, I recently went to two festivals working for a week and it was very hard. I guess I had better work on that as I want to go to three next year!
8. We’ve been together for 2 years and 3 months 🙂
Post # 115
1) We actually met through my ex boyfriend. We were friends for 3 years and both in relationships. Our relationships ended around the same time and we hung out with each other for support. This went on for about a year before I realized I had feelings for him. I was the one that brought up dating and we’ve been together ever since!
2) We both “eat” our chocolate milk. I’ve never met anyone else who uses a spoon to drink it!
3) We sing silly songs to each other all of the time and have about 6 nicknames each. I rarely call him by his actual name.
4) We want the same things in life around the same time which is perfect to me.
5) I never get tired of being with him and vice versa. I knew he was the one because I never questioned it like I have in other relationships.
I love him and I’m so blessed to have him!
Post # 116
1. We met our freshman year of high school.
2. He found out that I had never been kissed before (still during our freshman year), and offered to “be my first”. I turned him down lol.
3. We reconnected after high school through Facebook (I added him on a whim).
4. The first two years of our relationship were semi-long distant (only seeing each other on weekends)
5. Our honeymoon to Jamaicawill be our first vacation we take together, and we’re super excited! It comes up in conversation just about every day
Post # 118
1. My SO and I were best friends, going through college together, a little over 2 years before we began dating and we had the BEST times together! We always said oh we will never be together, while all of our friends and family said we were crazy NOT to… and almost 3 years later :).
2. We both love Boston Terriers, and didn’t know it until we began dating. We now have 2 and they are our little babies since we don’t have kiddos yet!
3. We’re really competitive and push each other to be the best in everything. We love exercising together, eating healthy together, and playing games.. but there’s always that competitive edge that makes it interesting and gets us going 😉
4. He is absolutely my best friend. He makes me laugh every single day and I’m more than thankful for it. We have the same sense of humor and will be laughing hysterically when nobody knows why we’re laughing.
5. We were long distance for the first 6 months… moved into an apartment together for a year… then decided to build a house from the ground up! After getting two puppies, NOT breaking up over the house building process and actually it went really smooth and showed us we can make big decisions together and agree on most things.
Post # 119
Uhhh I really love this!!
1) We had our first kiss on a castle overlooking Nuremberg, Germany, second date in Rome, Italy and third date in NYC, US. Friends always think that is utterly romantic but I just think it calls long distance relationship!
2) We have the exact same eyecolor, so no suprise with our kids 🙂 But I have very fair blonde hair and he has very dark hair, so at least this will be a suprise 🙂
3) We have a very playful relationship, hardly ever find a reason to fight (last fight I remember is over a year ago)
4) The first three years of our relationship we had a huge long distance relationship. And now that we live together for three years we feel we can’t survive to stay even one night apart..
5) We love to spend lazy days on the lake in our rubber boat. Just floating on the water. Seriously, thats what we do all summer long, every day at the weekend. Might sound boring but is the most relaxing thing on earth hands down!
Post # 120
I like this thread!
5 facts about us:
1) My husband is 3.5 years younger than I am. He’s the first man I ever dated who is younger.
2) We met at work. We worked for different companies in the same building.
3) When he asked me out for the first time, a friend of mine was there and she said “you’re going to marry him”
4) We both came to our city for college, and never left
5) We work in the same industry, so we have a lot to talk about and help each other our a lot!