(Closed) White One 6221

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I purchased a White One 411. The pic doesn’t really do it justice (particularly the awesome clip right in the front–I wanted a sweetheart neckline, haha), but I loved the way it fit. The belt is also just an example–I will pick out the real belt when I go pick up my dress next week (my thesis defense for my Master’s Degree is Monday, so picking up the dress Tuesday is my reward!)

It’s not the same dress, obviously, but maybe it will give you some idea?

Post # 5
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

That dress looks great on you!

Post # 6
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Thanks ladies! I loved the dress and the way it fit, but wanted a little extra sparkle (thus the belt idea), and so when the saleswoman put it around my waist, I was like “that’s it!” I think it’s the only Pronovias dress I tried on, so I can’t give any more information, though. Good luck finding your dress!

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m a fellow White One bride!  There don’t seem to be too many of us!  The 6221 is very pretty.  I ended up with the 6228 (I really didn’t want something strapless).  Pic attached.   I can’t wait until it comes in & I get to try it on again!

Post # 8
106 posts
Blushing bee

@mldav2:  I am also a White One bride, think we are in the minority!! I am wearing one from the 2012 collection. It is 427 Tango. The sample is way too big, so I am nervous what it will look like when it comes into the store. Here is a link to the stock pictures of it on the model http://www.tomsbridal.com/white-one/white-one-427.htm

Would love to see more White One brides!

Here’s a picture of me in the sample

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

@adrienneellen:  

We are dress twins! I loved this dress from the moment I saw it in the shop and have had a couple of tearful moments when trying it on. Can’t wait to wear it!!

There don’t seem to be many White One brides out there but I say we’re the trend starters – and who cares anyway, we found our beautiful dresses!

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m a White One Tango dress twin too! I’m getting married in it in 3 weeks time, eek!
I’m actually still having a total nightmare with my fittings as I really, really want to add straps to it but am struggling to find the right style to suit. I was originally planning on just having plain satin straps to match exactly to the ribbon under the bust but my seamstress is really struggling to get a good fabric match. I also feel that they perhaps look a bit ‘stuck on’. I’m now thinking that I need to have some kind of beaded strap, but i’m fast running out of time!! I’ve also had the neckline changed to a slight sweetheart.
Would love to see any pics of anyone in tango or get any ideas on straps?!
Lydia x

Post # 11
106 posts
Blushing bee

@luby100:  Hi Lydia, congrats on your wedding and of course your good taste in picking a dress Wink

Here’s a picture from when I got to try my dress (and not the sample) for the first time recently. http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/first-time-trying-on-my-dress

I had a hard time figuring out the strap situation. I am still not decided about it but my seamstress is making a satin halter strap which will be detachable.

Anyway, I tried some beaded strap options which you might want to see.Though ultimately I decided not to go with these. Hope this might help!

This one there is a beaded spaghetti strap and a plain spaghetti strap

This one is a beaded halter neck

Post # 12
8 posts
Newbee

thanks so much minimoo, I have sent you a PM!  The halter idea is brilliant and I think it’s where I have been going wrong!  Going to call my seamstress now!

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

Ok so I had another fitting this weekend and they have one more slight alteration to make to the halter and then it’ll be ready just in time for the 28th!  Talk about last minute!  I am much happier with it now… I think… I’m still not sure it totally suits me, but I do love the dress!  Here is a sneaky peak from my last fitting!…

Post # 14
106 posts
Blushing bee

@luby100:  It’s gorgeous!!! You look amazing and the halter looks great with it. I love how you have altered the neckline. It looks like a totally different dress and it really suits you. You are going to look amazing on the big day! Are you wearing a veil with the dress?

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

Thanks minimoo, you’ve made me feel better already!  I really wasn’t sure what people would think.  Yes I’m wearing a simple silk tulle veil with tiny swarovski crystals dotted over it and it comes down to just below my bottom!  I loved the lace edged veils but they just swamped me!

The topic ‘White One 6221’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors