(Closed) WHITE or IVORY?… Essense D1098

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

First, gorgeous dress! I would go with the ivory personally because the white in Essense dresses is WHITE! I also had an Essense dress and had the options of white or off-white. The dress I tried on was off-white but I thought I wanted white. The shop I went to didn’t have my dress in white but another Essense dress and my goodness, it was blinding. But I will also add that different shades of white don’t bother me. I think your ivory dress will look like an ivory dress next to his uniform, not a dirty dress, and it will be beautiful. Just my two cents.

Post # 5
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

nice dress…hmm mine is ivory ivory/silver..and he didint even buy his suit yet loll..

whatever you like go with it.. good luckkkk

Post # 6
1271 posts
Bumble bee

I would go white because of his white pants. 

Post # 7
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Go with ivory girl!! I’ve seen plenty of wedding pictures of marines in uniform and their wives and although it doesn’t totally match it still looks really good!! My fiance is a marine too 🙂

Post # 8
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

normally, not a fan of Ivory… but I vote Ivory

Post # 9
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would go with ivory.  My husband actually wore a white shirt with  ivory tie and the contrast with the ivory dress looked great.  You likely wont be able to tell the difference in the pics anyway!

Post # 10
228 posts
Helper bee

go with the ivory!! that dress is grogreous and you look beautiful in it!

Post # 11
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Ivory! It’s what you love and you’re the bride! If you want ivory, then you get ivory-no matter what your man is wearing.

Post # 12
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I vote Ivory! I guarantee no one will notice the ivory clashing with his pants. In pictures, ivory often looks white anyway. Plus, I love the contrast with the ivory sash!

If you are set on the white dress, can you order it without the white sash & then have a seamstress sew an ivory sash on?

Post # 13
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

I say Ivory as well. Because the fabric is shiny and has such a smooth texture it will read as brighter in photos and real life. If he were wearing satin pants that might be a different story but (thankfully) he isn’t!

It’s a beautiful dress you reall can’t go wrong.

Post # 14
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I SAY WHITE! I did try this on in white and LOVED it. And I disagree, against the white pants I think it will be noticable.  I was very picky about that when ordering my dress (ivory dress and my Fiance wearing white shirt) and the girl at the dress shop held up an ivory dress against a white shirt and to me it was noticeable.  In pictures yes you may not notice it as much but you cant tell.

Go with white, if you are thinking about it now you will be sorry you got it in ivory!

Post # 15
56 posts
Worker bee

The determining factor should be which looks best on your skin tone. Since you’re a warm skin tone, I suggest ivory. It looks beautiful on you.

Post # 16
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Ivory .. it helps give the dress such a classic look. and it looks great on ur skin

The topic ‘WHITE or IVORY?… Essense D1098’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors