Post # 1
Hi-ya! I saw a post like this from about a year ago but it’s become kind of inactive. I’m imagining it was quite useful for those who were planning at the time. So I am resurrecting it for us current bees!! If you are like me, there are a few vendors yet to be crossed off of the to-do list. I bet if we share we can get some of this stuff done and DONE. So who are you using/did use for your wedding? How much did each set you back ($$$)? I’m hoping everyone will be willing to share and possibly make this alot easier!! Ready…set…go!!!
- Attendents’ Attire
- Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress
- Hair Stylist
- Make-Up Artist
Post # 5
Ooh, I’ll play!
My wedding is over a year away, so I’m juuust starting to book my vendors. I don’t have them all, but here goes:
- Venue – Hotel Galvez – Our food and beverage minimum is $15k for the ballroom we chose. We’ll be lucky if we make it under $18k, however.
- Photographer – Miabella Photography – Haven’t booked them yet, but we’re meeting them on the 23rd, and I’m reasonably certain that we’re going to love them. The package we’re opting for is an extremely reasonable $2400.
- Videographer – Vanessa McKellar Productions – Again, haven’t booked her yet, but I’ll probably be sending in my deposit next month. I love everything about her videos. I think we’ll end up spending around $3k for our wedding film.
- DJ – JM Productions – I met this husband and wife team at the Bridal Extravaganza last week and pretty much decided right then to hire them. They’re awesome and have amazing reviews on weddingwire. We haven’t picked our package yet, so not sure how much this will cost.
- Forist – I’ll probably end up with Events in Bloom – My best friend used them in her wedding and highly recommends them. I met them at the Bridal Extravaganza and was really impressed. They guy was super nice and I loved all of his display pieces.
- Cake – I’ve heard some really good things about Cakes by Gina, but still not certain. I definitely have more research to do on this one.
- Officiant – The Island Minister – Rev. John Bostock does tons of weddings on Galveston Island. We’re getting him to do a Celtic wedding for us. He’s even going to wear a kilt! (My wedding’s on St Patrick’s Day). He charges $300 for a rehearsal and ceremony.
- Invitations – I bought some really pretty DIY invites at Michael’s (with 40-50% off coupons, of course).
Post # 6
@McVerde:OMG you are so on top of things. That is so awesome. I wish I had so much done already and my wedding is THIS summer!!
Post # 7
Oh I will too!
Venue-Brady’s Landing-6hrs sunday afternoon ceremony and reception, chair sashes, champagne, buffet and desert. $4000
Photographer-C. Baron Photography-LOVE them! So reasonable! 6hrs coverage, engagement session, 18×20 prints, 100 photo cards for STD/Thank you, 18×20 print, and CD with printable images. HIGHLY reccomend them. If you are interested, let them know Lanie sent you. $1000
Cake-Will be made by a family friend with 10yrs bakery experience. Free.
That is all I have so far, but I should be booking my DJ in a few weeks and I am still dress shopping.