(Closed) Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think this is the year you will get engaged?
    Yes : (69 votes)
    56 %
    No : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Hopefully : (29 votes)
    23 %
    Already engaged/married : (20 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 2
    628 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

22 more sleeps for me… I think! He’s got a mini getaway planned, is super excited and the ring’s been hidden in the house for over a month. I think 2016 will be the year of planning for me and my SO!! YAYYYYYY such an exciting time, isn’t it??! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’πŸŽ‰

Post # 3
    71 posts
    Worker bee

When we last discussed it we agreed that it would happen in the next six months!! So before the end of June, I’m so excited. 

Post # 4
    1459 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

He always said by our 2nd anniversary! πŸ˜€ that’s May 24th – 139 days and the ring is somewhere in the house.

Im very excited for myself and all the other ladies on the waiting board <3

Post # 5
    41 posts
    Newbee

We have been more than 4,5 years together, I have had many ups and downs related to him not proposing yet, but I believe he is going to do it this year (I know he has a ring). If he doesn’t.. Well, I am going to either kill him or kick him out of our house πŸ˜€ Ok, I am joking, but I will not wait until our 5th years mark.

Post # 6
    633 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2016

Definitely! I am 99% sure it’ll happen before the end of May. 

Nothing holding us back, really. We’re enjoying our relationship and haven’t even been together 2 years yet, so we aren’t in a rush or a time crunch. I’m definitely excited to get engaged and married, and to take those steps with my SO, which is why I’m here. 

Post # 7
    303 posts
    Helper bee

I wish I could say yes, unfortunately we had a discussion last week about it and he tends to believe it shouldn’t be discussed as he wants it to be a complete surprise (kinda hard after over 4 years, a child  and with combined finances). Apparently he had been saving money secretly for a ring but he just deposited it into the account after the argument and spent some of it on himself. So. Yeah. No ring money anymore. 

Post # 8
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

The timeline he gave was by next month and I found the ring SO IT VERY WELL BETTER HAPPEN IN 2016!

Post # 9
    Hostess
    4089 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

We are going to discuss it again later this year. No surprises here, only moving forward as a team. We are older and see no need for the formalities that so often surround engagement and marriage. That being said…I neeeeeeed a sparkly. Lol. 

Post # 10
    5025 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2017

My SO purchased the diamond and will be purchasing the setting next.  He is absolutely horrible at holdling onto gifts and keeping secrets so I think a proposal is in our very near future. I’m nearly 32 years old so I am anxious to get the ball going!!

Post # 11
    370 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

YES!!

We’ve had numerous discussions about the matter, and I’m almost positive we’ll be engaged by April (in time for a big trip to New Orleans for his family reunion). 

This is good…because I’ve already booked us an engagement photography session in Disneyland in May! LOL.

Post # 12
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

I’m expecting it by May since that’ll be the end of the semester and I just can’t imagine going into summer not being engaged! He’s been planning/saving for a few months now and we’ve got tax returns coming up and are making a big effort to budget in 2016 and beyond, plus we’ve already discussed exactly what I want πŸ™‚ He tells me all the time that he’s going to marry me and that he’s just waiting til he’s saved up enough to get me my dream ring! 

I’m so excited!

Post # 13
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2017

I can’t say it with 100 percent confidence but I feel very hopeful. My SO just started a new job and is now suddenly the “breadwinner” of our household, after I was supporting both of us on my income for the past 4 years. He’s also been displaying some odd behavior lately like having a sudden interest in opening a joint checking, buying a house, and today he randomly called me during work just to say hi and that he was thinking of me. Lol. I think it may actually be the year!

Post # 14
    2110 posts
    Buzzing bee

SO said on NYE that 2016 holds a lot of surprises and one that comes in a little box that will make me very happy.. so here is hoping!!!

Post # 15
    78 posts
    Worker bee

Me! Me! Me! (Raises hand in the air) HOPEFULLY only 38 more days for me. He has the ring and something special planned for February And my mom knows what it is 😱! We are (also hopefully) going to close on our house by the end of this month or first week of February so it should happen shortly after that! We’ve been together 7 years now and I believe it is finally the perfect time for us. I’m so excited! 

Excited for all of you other waiting bees as well! 

The topic ‘Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors