(Closed) Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think this is the year you will get engaged?
    Yes : (69 votes)
    56 %
    No : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Hopefully : (29 votes)
    23 %
    Already engaged/married : (20 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 17
    565 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

Pretty sure I will be engaged this year! SO told me in October a proposal would be ‘in the short term future’. Then the other night we were going through our goals for this year and we decided to start saving for any ‘events’ in 2017 πŸ™‚ so I feel like it mayyyy be soon πŸ™‚ 

Post # 18
    1459 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

CassidyInLove:  I’ve had the countdown on my phone for…. Ages XD it’s just so exciting! I wouldn’t be surprised if he waited till the last day and did it then but I think I’d rather before… Slightly more surprising, we’re doing a few fun things between now and then that feel more appropriate times and our anniversary is mid week this year so kinda feels like it’d be a non event (I don’t want a big show but I would like to be able to celebrate a bit after and not be at work lol).

Anniversary proposals are lovely though! It’d be great if you got one – have you had any hints it might be?? 

Post # 19
    34 posts
    Newbee

I think this is the year! It better be, lol. He keeps saying he will do it around our second anniversary, which is in May. Around that time I’m doing a coast-to-coast bicycle ride with my dad and I have this fantasy of SO somehow being on the beach the last day of the ride, ready to get down on one knee as my front tire touches the Atlantic! Haha. Then again I’ve had a few proposal “daydreams” that didn’t pan out.

Personally I am so much more impatient than some bees here, even 2 years has seemed like a long wait when you know he’s the one.

Post # 20
    28 posts
    Newbee

I hope so. He’s saying/and I’m hearing that it may happen within the year! It can’t happen soon enough though haha. Currently together 2 yrs 8 mos. And while I don’t think he has a ring/has been shopping – he’s asked a couple questions and bought me some fashion jewelry to see if he can pick out things I like. 

Post # 21
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

CassidyInLove:  I’m the only one in college because I’m a couple years behind (I’m 24), he’s already out, but I graduate in December and if we get engaged before summer I’m planning on a late 2017 wedding πŸ™‚

Post # 24
    12 posts
    Newbee

It’s been about 8 or 9 years and we both have good jobs. Long story short, there will be hell to pay if this is not the year. 

Post # 25
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2016

I extra extra hope!!

Post # 26
    46 posts
    Newbee

We went ring shopping the day after the new year and I picked three rings that I loved. he did not purchase anything or put a down payment and I am not sure when he will get the ring. This wait is going to kill me but I will not mention anything to him about marriage. I’m a control freak and this is so hard!!! 

Post # 27
    168 posts
    Blushing bee

Hoping! Timeline is up at the end of the summer and it would be very handy if the thing happened before I start my new school program this summer. 

Post # 28
    411 posts
    Helper bee

I think it’s the year for us. Our original timeline was for the fall of 2015 but I asked to move that back. I feel badly reading the frustration of some of the waiting bees because I feel like I have done that to my SO. I know pushing our timeline back hurt him but it wasn’t something I did flippantly. Sometimes you just aren’t ready, and I wasnt, and so I sympathize with some of the guys when ladies here complain about them dragging their feet; I totally understand that their feelings are warranted, but I can really understand the other side too.

We are in a good place, I’m starting to feel more confident and am genuinely excited to marry him. So I think this is it for me, for us. No clue when or how though.

Best of luck to all the posters here, I hope it’s a great year for everyone!!

Post # 30
    607 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

We better!! We’ve been dating for 4.5 years. I don’t think I can wait another 4 months. He’s mentioned that he wants to do it next month and he also wants to get married by next year…we shall see! *crosses finger*

The topic ‘Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors