(Closed) Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think this is the year you will get engaged?
    Yes : (69 votes)
    56 %
    No : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Hopefully : (29 votes)
    23 %
    Already engaged/married : (20 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 31
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: Greenspot Farms

I’m hopeful! I think it’ll either happen in April when we go see a nice musical or in June when we go to Greece!

Post # 32
    97 posts
    Worker bee

Hopefully it will be this year but there has been mixed messages :(.  He hinted that he started saving for a ring last August. Our 3 year anniversary will be in August, so hopefully by then.

Post # 33
    901 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

I think maybe serious engagement talks will happen at the end of the year. But I don’t think an actual engagement will happen yet! 2017 on the other hand….;)

Post # 34
    137 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

I’m hoping it’s this year. He said he wanted to wait until he’s done with school. He graduates in less than 4 months with his PharmD degree. We’ve been dating close to 4 years and he knows I want to be married ASAP. Alzheimers runs in my family, my dad is 61 and he seems to be showing early signs of the disease. I want to be married and start a family soon so my kids have many quality years with my dad. My boyfriend totally understands this and says it will happen soon, he just won’t tell me what soon means. He wants it to be a total surprise.ย 

Post # 35
    680 posts
    Busy bee

Eek! I found the ring box!!!! Hopefully any day now!

Post # 36
    299 posts
    Helper bee

Hopefully! We’ve been together 2 1/2 years, living together for over 1, and got a dog last July. Christmas of course brought up the “When are you getting married” questions from all our extended family members. BUT…just last weekened we were at the mall in this one store standing near the jewlery counter and he jokingly asked if I wanted to look at rings. He has a really hard time and otherthinks any big descisions so I told him “not here” instead of no. It took him almost 4 months of “joking” about living together before he finally got enough courage to really ask me.

Post # 38
    19 posts
    Newbee

I know its this year for me, just not sure when. He told me the other day he is deciding between two rings. We are going on vacation in February so maybe then ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 39
    114 posts
    Blushing bee

I clicked “yes” but what I meant was “It better be!” haha!!

Post # 40
    19 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: Destin, Florida Beach

I’m hoping it will be this year. we have picked out the engagement ring and talked about how this year will probably be the year. we’ve been together a year and 7 months. living together for a year and a half. ha! I hate waiting. it’s so hard!

Post # 41
    246 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2019

Sadly, I don’t think it’s going to happen this year. My bf wants to finish his degree first, he has at least another year before that happens. I’m okay with that, I feel like 2017 will be my year. I asked once if he thought we would be engaged before I’m 30, and he said no but probably during my 30th year… I just turned 29. Haha. Next year should be it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 44
    358 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2017 - Rossino Castle

This better be the year lol!Our timeline is before the end of September,and I’m thinking it’s either going to happen on my birthday or during our summer vacation.If it doesn’t happen I’m gonna have to move out,as I was very clear when he wanted to move in together before being engaged,because I’m not interested in playing house while he buys time,and he knows this.

Post # 45
    147 posts
    Blushing bee

I hope so! We had a conversation a couple of weeks ago which we decide we would get married end of next year as that will be us together 10 years! ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

he then said that he would propose next year at some point….. Which I then explained to him that it takes t least a year to plan a wedding so if he waits that long then it’s a bit late and he agreed!ย 

He has now told his best mates and his mum and dad. About us getting married! ๐Ÿ™‚ so fingers crossed for this year!ย 

The topic ‘Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors