(Closed) Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?

posted 4 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think this is the year you will get engaged?
    Yes : (69 votes)
    56 %
    No : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Hopefully : (29 votes)
    23 %
    Already engaged/married : (20 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 46
    21 posts
    Newbee

2016 is the year! We’ve been together for seven years and we are in a really good solid place with our careers and finances- and as a couple. He started a “ring fund” last summer. My feminist self never ever thought that I would describe myself as “waiting”. But I am… It’s an exciting new feeling since I never really thought too much about what it would be like to get engaged or married. 

Post # 47
    1001 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2018

I HOPE this is the year…. Actually I’m hoping before the end of April (when it will be 2 years since we moved in together), but our 3rd anniversary is in July. 

I’m waiting on him to sell the house he’s been reno-ing, but after that we should be full steam ahead. Which is good because we’re both ready (and even HE’s starting to get a little baby crazy)

my biggest hint though is he’s looking at the two of us buying a house which I refuse to do until he proposes, but that doesn’t seem to be slowing down his search at all… he’s very non-chalant about that factor, rather than confused and/or bothered

Post # 48
    672 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2020

This morning he said “we should get engaged this year” … so it’s looking likely!!

Post # 49
    18 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2019

We’ve been ring shopping three times and together 5.5 years… I’m ready!:)

Post # 50
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2018

Timeline says July, so hopefully 🙂 

I suspect ring indecisiveness more than anything else will push that out. Find a nice human I like enough to keep around forever; cool. Totally doable. Find a piece of jewelery we both feel similarly about; apparently impossible :/ (Window shopping since last September)

Post # 51
    38 posts
    Newbee

I’ve been ready since last year and I’m pretty damn sure it won’t happen this year. Sucks. If it did, it’d be the biggest surprise of my life. And I never thought I’d be in this situation so it’s kinda sad to think about …always thought he’d propose sooner or at least talk to me about it like an adult and oh idk …sound happy about it.

Guess I’m just a nag when I inquire about a future that involves me!!! Who would’ve thought? 

Waiting sucks !!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  bunny24.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  bunny24.
    Post # 52
    46 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2017

Pretty Certain it is going to be our year.
    Last Christmas he bought me a beautiful Platinum Diamond ring that blew me away complete suprise. (I was not divorced by then). It was a Christmas present not an proposal.
    This month he told me he wanted to do it properley when the time was right I know he has a plan and told me it will be before October.
    Says he has twice wanted to ask me but wants to go through with his plans as he knows it will be special to me.
    Im beyond excited and I love him with everything I have Im so flattered that he wants to put so much effort in but also just want it to be tomorrow.
    Joking aside as much as I want it to happen now I really do want to see what he has planned and enjoy the guessing but Ive never had anything on my mind so much completely out of character all the looking at dresses and venues on google I feel like a young girl.

Post # 53
    472 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2016 - Temescal Lake House

Weve picked out the ring and he’s told me “early summer” so YAY also, yay for waiting! We are too! 

Post # 54
    38 posts
    Newbee

Well … a miracle better happen this year. Either we get engaged or tske big steps to get there this year so that it comes within the first 6 months of 2017. Things cannot just stay the same though. If there’s no proposal or ACTION to make it happen or seemingly close by 2017… around our 4 year anniversary, there will not be a 5th. I ain’t waiting around. I moved to be with em, put a ring on it or cya.

Post # 55
    280 posts
    Helper bee

I’m pretty sure this will be the year, I’d even be willing to guess before the end of the April.

To buy the ring which we picked out before Christmas he had to finish paying some stuff off. As of last Wednesday that was all done. I believe it was 2-3 weeks to make but beyond that I have no idea. We open our summer home in April; which is where we met and where we plan to get married so that would be pretty cool. 

As far as the big day, we’ve talked about september 2017, I graduate may 2017. And we won’t get married until after that. 

Post # 56
    33 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    bunny24:  Honestly, I’m feeling exactly the same way. If SO and I are not engaged or close to an engagement by the end of 2016, I would seriously consider leaving. There comes a point where “someday” isn’t a good enough answer anymore. 

Post # 57
    14 posts
    Newbee

Me!!! Literally never thought I’d be saying that (or be excited to say it) but after 6.5 years, I’m starting to feel the anticipation 🙂 SO has dropped some not so cryptic hints about 2016 being the year. Exactly when will probably depend on the job he ends up getting (he’s currently in law school) so it’s a waiting game from here on out 🙂 

Post # 58
    374 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2017 - Rossino Castle

Waiting is starting to really get to me…I’m sure it won’t be before at least late spring because he still hasn’t started ring buying process,but He also fully well knows that if we aren’t engaged before our second anniversary in late September(we are older,I’m divorced and we want kids,so no time to play around) I will move out and reconsider our relationship.I trust him to live up to the promises he made to me,but waiting is something that just frustrates me,as I hate giving up control of my life!

Post # 59
    1651 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m really not thinking about it. Matter of fact I’m re thinking my decision to ever marry. 

Post # 60
    296 posts
    Helper bee

We’ve been together for 7 years and living together for 1 and a half. We both got great jobs recently, and when he was told he got the job yesterday he told me he would like to marry me and he would like to propose once he’s been in his new job for 6 months and feeling relatively stable. He also suggested we buy a ring together and then hide it so that he can propose at his own time. So yay, I hope it will be 2016 or maybe the first months of 2017…

The topic ‘Who else thinks 2016 will be the year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors