(Closed) Who get’s invited to rehersal dinner&luncheon? &familyproblems!

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’re inviting parents, wedding party and significant others/spouses of all those people.  We have a small amount of people coming from out of town, so they will also be invited.

It’s really sad that YOU have to be the one to worry about your grown up families getting along.  You would hope they could put their differences aside for one day.

Post # 4
6824 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wedding party and spouses and parents are invited to ours.

I would just let your parents know either they get along for your sake or don’t come. 

Post # 6
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Rehearsals can involve who you’d like (generally, everyone that’s in the wedding/is rehearsing is invited) but you can make it more of an ‘any out of town guests’ party, or a very small and simple gathering. You can make it what you’d like.

As for your folks, I’d have a talk with them (separately) letting them know that you respect their feelings and that they’re upset, but you expect them both to be adults and either put those feelings aside for the day or be kind enough to not come if they know they cannot show respectful restraint. (Also, ask that this message be passed along to ‘their sides’ if the family feels the need to be involved in the divorce). 

Post # 7
35 posts
Newbee

A friend of ours was in a similar predicament. She invited only those directly involved in the ceremony and the spouses for the bridemaids and groomsmen. Her dad was not giving her away and so the parents were thought of as very honored guests and that was it. I know somone else who had a kind of cocktail hour where her mom came, then the rehearsal itself and a desert thing after and her dad attended that.

Hopefully, your FH will put aside any hard feelings for the wedding day and be the bigger person for you. Sometimes we can not count on our parents to act like grownups. I agree with the person who said tell them they must behave or stay home. 

The topic ‘Who get’s invited to rehersal dinner&luncheon? &familyproblems!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors