I’ll do my makeup, but I’ll go to a professional for my hair. Sounds silly because I’m a makeup artist myself, but I was really wondering what to do because maybe I’d be nervous, maybe it wouldn’t turn right.. but after 2 trials with 2 different makeup artists, I decided I will do it myself.
Just a few things which may be useful for brides who want to do their own makeup:
1. Be sure the foundation doesn’t have SPF in it, or it has just a little (15 max). Also, they say titanium dioxide is bad for photography, though so many hd foundations have it and photos look great. But you can search for titanium dioxide free foundations if you feel more confortable.
2. Look for a long lasting foundation
3. The makeup should look natural live and should also look good in photos. Though a cream foundation looks best in photos, personally I find it heavy face to face, so a liquid or airbrush foundation might be better.
4. If you use translucide powder (the one you can use for any skin tone, even if it’s white), be sure to blend it well. No raccoon eyes needed on your wedding day.
5. Use a face and eyes primer before your foundation.
6. Take some Clean and Clear blotting tissues with you and tap your T-zone if you see any greasy patches after a while.
7. If you wake up and find a red blemish on your face, don’t put green corrector on it. It will show in pictures when they use flash.Just use normal concealer and foundation afterwards.
8. Use a highlighter, it’s the secret weapon makeup artists use for brides to give them that etereal glow.
9. Try not to use shiny makeup, it will reflect in photos. You can use a little to give some glow, but stay rather on the matte side that day
10. How to put false lashes on: individual lashes look more natural, you put them right between your real ones one by one using tweezers. Entire lashes: lift the lid by putting your finger in the crease or right above it. Use your fingers in order to put them, it’s easier. First press the middle right on the base of your eyelashes with your lid still up; then press the inner part for a few seconds and then the outer part.
11. Excuse my English. European here 🙂