Who is getting married on 10 10 2020?

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
2 posts
Wannabee

We had planned to, but because of expense we went with October 1, 2020. 

Post # 3
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Oak Brook, IL

10/10/2020 here. We booked our venue before we got “officially” engaged because we knew we had to move fast. We had talked about getting engaged this year so there wasn’t a point in waiting and potentially missing out on a great venue. 

We booked our DJ and photographer so far. I’ll be on the hunt for an officiant and makeup/hair in the next few weeks. 

Post # 4
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2021 - City, State

We intended to have a 10/10/2020 wedding, but I’ll still be in my MA program and just don’t feel up to that stress.

We’re now doing 10/10/2021. I wanted October due to our dating anniversary and the weather, and October 10th specifically because of the pun: something always goes wrong at a wedding, it just does, but this way, no matter what happens, our wedding will definitely be a 10/10. My parents anniversary is also October 21st, so 10/21, which I think is cute. 

Anyway, I’ve bought my dress and we’ve narrowed  down the venues to 3 that we will be checking out in 2 weeks when we go down to Monterey for our dating anniversary.

Good luck to you 10/10/2020 brides!

Post # 5
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

We didn’t want to wait that long so we picked 02/20/2020.  Love that date though!

Post # 6
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2021 - Schoharie, NY

View original reply
FutureMrsA2020 :  Me! We had it booked for a while with food and alcohol and have the dress, but that’s all we can do until my future BIL’s wedding next weekend. Excited to get going! 

Post # 7
1009 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t get it…what’s so special about 10/10? Just that it’s the same number?

Sounds like a lovely fall Saturday! I just don’t get why it’s such a “thing”

Post # 10
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Oak Brook, IL

View original reply
AnonBee2019 :  It’s just one of those “fun” dates. Next year is full of them (1/11, 4/4, 6/6, 7/11, 12/12.) My favorite month is October and I love the weather in my area that time of year. Plus, our ceremony is outdoors so I’m hoping for pretty foliage. That, combined with a fun, unique date, is what made us pick 10/10/2020. 

Post # 11
1600 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

This was my date until we decided we wanted to get married this year. So we chose 10.19.19.

I liked 10.10.2020 or 10.10.20 because not just do the first two match, but they equal 20 when added together. And the numbers are just so round and pretty. 

Post # 13
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - City, State

Fiance and I got engaged June of this year and we picked 5/30/2020 (football season was non-negotiable with my family friends). We’ve already booked our venue, photographer, caterer, DJ, found my dress, have our officiant, and now trying to book a hair and make up artist! I never realized how quickly things book up so we wanted to get as much done before Fiance started school this Fall and so we could enjoy the holidays! Now we are just sitting on wait (have cake tastings, booking a florist in January, picking out invitations, etc.)

Post # 14
196 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
kayphil3 :  we have almost same timeline! I got engaged this year May and wedding will be 5.1.2020! I still haven’t booked anything but will put deposit on venue this weekend. I’m so overwhelmed, I don’t know how to start 😅

Post # 15
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - City, State

View original reply
Nancy_c :  I completely understand! That’s awesome! The most overwhelming part so far was booking the venue. After that, everything else just fell into place. I did some research online to see what parts of weddings book up the fastest and it was venue, caterer, dj, and hair and makeup. Once you put your deposit down everything will become clearer and you’ll know what you need to do 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors