(Closed) Who is Joseph Kony? www.KONY2012.com

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 120
7289 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

arielle– Oh yea….well thats embarassing! Yikes!

Post # 121
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MrsElopement:  Oh yeah.  I read this.  I was going to post the link to the story, but didn’t want to stir the pot any.  

Post # 122
7605 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I heard he was spraying his invisible children all over the place.  I guess it must be really “hard” raising awareness for charity.

Post # 123
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Juliepants:  Someone else said he needed some more adhesive to hang up his posters.

Post # 126
4886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Great job, dude.  As if the cause wasn’t being questioned enough…. 

Post # 127
7289 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t think the Invisible childrenteam handled the backlash well….all his work has now been ruined. 

Post # 130
1746 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This whole thing reminds me so much of the first Obama campaign. So much promise and such a passionate response and backing by our youth. The problem with KONY 2012 (besides me agreeing with the previous posters that going over there is incredibly touchy and the situation is VERY complicated and most of all, that there are huge problems here in the U.S.) is that I feel any strong momentum brought about by rapid spread through social media just as quickly dissipates. 

It seems that we process our information faster and word spreads quicker, but our interest also wanes MUCH quicker. 

While this is a very general statement and I’m sure there are people that went on fighting the good fight for social change promised in the last presidental campaign, it seems we were living on dreams and people were over it as soon as Obama was sworn in. 

What I saw in the KONY 2012 video was very similar. A strong and powerful statement. I found it inspiring, yes. Of course. It was appeailng and varnished with all the bells and whistles. Just like the Obama campaign, pretty much. 

And today we see the founder of this organization jizzing in the street and now he’s on lock down. What this tells me is that a) we are all human, b) if you’re going to be an idealist, start small and c) follow through with that passion. 

Don’t jizz it away in the street and ruin what you were supposed to be fighting for.

The topic ‘Who is Joseph Kony? www.KONY2012.com’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors