(Closed) Who is walking you down the aisle?

posted 11 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Who is walking you down the aisle?
    My father : (68 votes)
    61 %
    Both my mother and father : (16 votes)
    14 %
    I am walking myself down! : (3 votes)
    3 %
    Other : (25 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 32
    29 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2010

my fiance and I are walking down the aisle together

Post # 33
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 1969

My father sadly died when I was only 10 years old, but I am having a bit of a dilemma.

I have a wonderful Grandfather who I told long ago would walk me down the aisle. (that isnt changing!) 

However, I have one uncle who is paying for a good half of my wedding (married into my mothers side of the family), who has always financially supported me but who I am not exceptionally close to.

Since the engagement 2 years ago I have become reacquainted with my father’s brother, who I have become very close to and I consider the closest person that I have to my father.

How can i work this out so that everyone has a place in the wedding? Any thoughts? I dont want to appear to play favorites but I want to give everyone the respect they deserve.

Post # 34
    14181 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I thought having both of them do it was nice, too, but my dad really felt like it was "his" duty and was all traditional about it, and nobody could miss the mother of the bride in her gorgeous red dress, crying her eyes out

Post # 35
    445 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

I am walking in with the groom. 🙂

If my father were still living, I would have walked in with him and not thought to do anything else. But I lost him 8 years ago, and my eldest brother 2 years ago. So I was debating what to do (one of my other brothers, my mom?), and in our little prep book that the priest gave us, it said that the appropriate thing in a Catholic wedding is actually for the bride and groom to walk in together at the end of the procession. I was surprised but intrigued, and FH and I decided to do it that way.

Strictly speaking, we’re also supposed to both be there half an hour early to welcome people at the church door, but I’ll be lucky if I make it on time, forget about early! (The wedding is at 10:30am)

Post # 37
    110 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

My mom will walk me down the aisle…my dad died when I was younger and she is the one who raised me, so it is her right.

Post # 38
    195 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I want to have both of my parents walk me down the aisle, if we can all fit!

Post # 39
    248 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

When we were at my cousin’s wedding earlier this year I joked to my dad and brother about saving a bunch of stress and hassle and just eloping when it’s time. Dad looked a bit crestfallen and said "well… can I be there?" I laughed and said sure, I just don’t want stress and fuss and people telling me what to do, and he continued "Darling I don’t care if you get married on a beach in a sack, I just want to walk you down the aisle". I thought that was quite sweet! Especially since he’s not overly tender/expressive (more rough/jokey/manly-mannish).

Up ’til then I kinda assumed I’d have both, but now I think (unless mum really wants to, but I doubt it) it’ll be something special for Dad & me. 

Post # 40
    999 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2010 - Mr. P's Grandparents’ Ranch

My mom or I’ll go by myself 🙂

Post # 41
    38 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2009

My father and my 3 year old son will be walking me down the aisle, it was very important that if i married anyone but my sons father that he too gives me away and although he’ll only be three and not realize the importance it’s something very special to me.

Post # 42
    159 posts
    Blushing bee

my dad is walking me down.  he is a pretty traditional guy so i think it works.  

Post # 43
    792 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

My dad passed away several years ago so my mom and my uncle (mom’s brother) are walking me down.

Post # 44
    5150 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

My dad is walking me 🙂 

Post # 45
    439 posts
    Helper bee

Both of my parents are walking me down the aisle. I love my dad, but my mom raised me… (they’re divorced). I hope we all fit!

Post # 46
    1105 posts
    Bumble bee

My dad is walking me down the aisle.  Don’t think my mom could do it, I know she’ll be crying her eyes out!!!!  So it would be better if she went first with my brother so she doesn’t have me crying more so than I probably will be!!!!!!

The topic ‘Who is walking you down the aisle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors