Post # 1
With almost all the wedding planning done, I am stuck on what kind of music to play for the various parts of our wedding.
My planner/doc wants a list from me and I am clueless!!!
It Looks something like this
- Prelude Music
- Bridal Party
- Cocktail Hour
- First dance
- Cake cutting
- Father/daughter, Mother/son dance
- Reception Music
She has all the above broken down into sub-catagories… HELP!!!
Post # 3
What do you have available to you music-wise? DJ or band? Instrumentalists/singers for the ceremony? That will make it easier to give suggestions.
Post # 4
We are having a DJ, our wedding ceremony and reception are in the same hotel to make it easy for the oot guests, he will just switch rooms with us.
Post # 5
Lol,I know how you feel! This is what I am doing- I looked at all the music on my computer (my favourites) and I am going to tell my Fiance to do the same and compile a list of all the music we would like to feature in the wedding. Obviosly the Bride walking into the church needs a special song and also the first dance. I have also asked some of my friends to start making lists of songs they would like to dance to, I will then combine the lists and thats that! You need to think about the vibe of each of these categories
- Prelude Music- probably something toned down, such as classical music or more popular such as Enya
- Bridal Party- A song for when they enter the ceremony
- Bride- your walk in song
- Recessional- I am going to do the same vibe as prelude
- Cocktail Hour- Background music, but more upbeat that prelude
- First dance- Special song you can dance on
- Cake cutting- I am using a song with sweet in it- thinking of U2’s sweetest thing, or Sweets for my sweet.
- Father/daughter, Mother/son dance- Something special- maby something like Butterfly Kisses for the father/daugther dance
- Reception Music- I divided my list into Slow dance and ‘Club’ dance, here I would like to use the latest dance music and also a few oldies!
Hope it helps you, I am still working on my playlist, but I will post it for you when its more complete.