(Closed) Who pays for the wedding? 50/50 anyone?

posted 12 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 46
1346 posts
Bumble bee

Oops!  This thread is 5 YEARS OLD.

Well anyway, we paid for our wedding ourselves.  My aunt paid for our rehearsal dinner catering. 

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by SisterJude.
Post # 47
2633 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Well, we were going to pay for everything ourselves, but some things happened along the way which made it more like 40% my parents, 50% his parents and 10% my husband and I- we were very lucky and it was a total shock to us.

– When I went to look at dresses and flowers with my mom she offered to pay for all of that as the wedding gift which was probably about $10,000

– Our engagement party (his parents paid for it 50/50 with my parents) and the gifts we received paid for all of our monthly payments/deposits for the wedding about $10,000.

– His parents paid for a specialty dj we wanted for cocktail hour ($200- he is a friend of the family) and for the rehearsal dinner

– We paid for all of our other vendors- photobooth, dj, photographer, videographer probably about $7,500…

– His parents asked us when we were paying our final balance how much we still owed and as our wedding present they gave us the $12,000 we had to pay back to us.

The topic ‘Who pays for the wedding? 50/50 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors