(Closed) Who picked out the groom & groomsmen outfits?

posted 6 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Ultimately the choice has been his all the way… But he does ask my opinion thou – I was actually going to go with Fiance to the suit hire place but we decided to buy a suit off the rack instead and alter it, I did go with him to buy the suit… But not because I needed a say but because he wanted me there (plus I had the money for it :))

ETA: groomsmen are just wearing what Fiance is wearing but in the Bridal Party colours… FIs choice…

Post # 4
728 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

my Fiance and I went shopping together then sent pics to the Groomsmen to make sure they all liked before we purchased ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 5
2777 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@bas0587:  LOL I’m doing the same this coming Saturday. I made an appt for the boys to go get their suits and I’m coming with them to help pick the right shade.

Post # 6
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My fiance cares about the whole wedding planning but he for the most part has let me pick everything. He has horrible taste except when it comes to me. Totally Kidding!

I went in picked the tuxes and had them filed, so all he has to do is go in give his name and get fitted. He did see what I chose and likes it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
Hostess
16215 posts
Honey Beekeeper

My husband and I picked together. My husband, bless his heart, told me that he didn’t really care what they wore, as long as it was what I wanted/what would make me happy. He’s a smart man. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But we went to the tux place and figured it all out together.

Post # 8
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We went together.  He didn’t really have a preference at first but as we were looking at the suits/tuxes he came alive, lol.  I was actually surprised that he went for the more expensive designer version than the store brand, I had said I didn’t mind but I was hoping he’d pick the Calvin Klein :-).  He picked out his tie (it has a pattern to it and the Groomsmen will have plain silvery gray) and I was shocked he liked the look of a pocket square!!!  Seriously his “uniform” is a polo and khaki shorts or a polo and jeans in the winter time…generally the polo is always striped lol!  We had to duke it out for a sec on the shirt color though…he wanted black…and you know  how we all have a vision…I told him as much as I love Johnny Cash he couldn’t play that at the wedding ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I went with Fiance to the tux rental place. We had already discussed it and agreed on grey tuxes. He made the final call as to WHICH grey tux though. Haha.

Post # 11
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Darling Husband def decided, however, he is very well dressed and usually give me advice, so I had no worries.

Post # 12
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

We went together. It was mostly his decision but I wanted it all to make sense.

Note: I was with him when we went and picked up his tux yesterday and there was a poor guy in there SO CONFUSED about what his fiancee wanted him to pick. :/ I was like, “Why don’t you call her?” His eyes brightened up and he said, “Can I do that?” haha.

Post # 13
8285 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Uhh..I pretty much decided for him, lol. But we are doing grey tuxes so there’s not a ton of different choices out there. He is choosing the shirt/vest/tie.

Post # 14
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We haven’t gone to look yet, but we’ve discussed what I envision, tan suits and he liked it! We’re are going in a few weeks 8]

Post # 15
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

He chose. 

Post # 16
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Yeah I had a very particular vision, but he choose it what he wanted to wear and I thought it was nice, but not exactly what I wanted. To me it’s like a dress you want Fiance to like it, but you don’t let him choose it. Same for his attire he wants me to like it but didn’t let me sit and dictate.

The topic ‘Who picked out the groom & groomsmen outfits?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors