Who picked the honeymoon locale?

posted 2 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Who planned the honeymoon?
    Him! It was a total surprise : (2 votes)
    3 %
    Him! But, he told me right away. : (4 votes)
    5 %
    We narrowed it down but he made the final call : (0 votes)
    Me!! He’s not a planner : (15 votes)
    20 %
    100% joint decision all the way : (55 votes)
    72 %
  • Post # 31
    2310 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

We always knew we were going to Hawaii so no discussion was needed. 

Post # 32
    25 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2018

I picked out our honeymoon. My grandparents were kind enough to gift us a week of their timeshare and I chose where we’ll go based on the things we both wanted. He really just wanted something quiet and relaxing, a nice place for us time. I wanted to be out in the mountains, and we both wanted to be out of our state. So based on those three specifications I went onto the timeshare website, figured out what was a reasonable distance and chose from there. The main reason I chose by myself is because FH in the navy and currently underway so communication isn’t always the easiest. We discussed it before he left and he told me that he would be totally happy with whatever I chose. 

Post # 33
    433 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

We debated over locations together for a bit, then we decided together on Rome and Venice. It was either that or British Columbia. 

We looked at hotels and restaurants and booked everything together, though he was proactive and booked museum tickets in advance. 🙂 

I personally liked planning our trip together. I’m a type-A type of person, so I need to know what’s happening. 

Post # 34
    323 posts
    Helper bee

He did. I organised the whole wedding, and I was stressed at work so I really didn’t feel like organising the honeymoon too. 

The only rules were Europe, warmish, and a place neiter of us had been to before. We went to a couple of different places in Italy and it was lovely. Other than the destination, he kept all of it secret.

Post # 35
    1893 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2017 - Pearson Convention Centre

He picked our location and planned the honeymoon all on his own. We went to St. Lucia for 2 weeks 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors