Post # 17
Um, okay apparently I did this really wrong, lol. But that’s partly FI’s fault too because I wasn’t going to tell his parents for him.
1. I called my mom immediately, who told my dad (we were out of town with a group of people and I wanted my mom to know first).
2. We were on a youth group retreat (FI and I are leaders) so we told everyone there.
3. When I got home I called my grandparents and my godmother/closest aunt, and I’m pretty sure they all started calling my aunts, uncles, and cousins almost right away.
4. I told a couple friends over FB because between our schedules I don’t see them that often.
5. Posted on Facebook about a week after proposal.
6. Um… Fiance told his parents a few days after the FB announcement… lol, I tried to make him do it sooner, I promise! But his sister found out on FB. Oops.
Post # 18
She told her brother first since she was the first person that he called (and he was over at her place when the proposal treasure hunt started so he knew what was going on). Afterward she called her parents and I called my parents. And after that it was a jumble of friends and maybe my brother in California.
And, of course, it wasn’t official until the status changed in FB later that night. Obviously.
Post # 18
OP, I think you’ve got it figured out pretty well. I made sure to call my parents first, then siblings and best friends. Other people I just emailed or let hear via word of mouth. I knew that my family, especially my parents, expected a proper phone call.
Post # 19
We didn’t call anyone until the next day. We wanted the night he proposed to just be about us – it was really nice. The next morning we called my parents and his parents. I called my 2 best friends, and that was it. We were on vacation with our phones off the rest of the week, so we really just enjoyed time as a newly engaged couple. This gave our parents time to tell the rest of the family and we posted it on facebook after we got home. It was perfect for us!