- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
Hi! I’m a Maid/Matron of Honor for a wedding in summer and I am working on planning the shower. I got the ball rolling and got in touch with the MOB who offered to host at her house and help with planning, which makes a ton of sense because it is a perfect venue and she is so crafty and this is her only daughter. I also reached out to the BMs and her stepsisters to see if any of them wanted to help. one Bridesmaid or Best Man offered to do whatever to help, and one stepsister is going to organize a recipe book gift and have everyone email recipes ahead of time.
etiquette aside about the mob hosting, i am wondering whether i should be listing the one Bridesmaid or Best Man and one stepsister as hosts on the invitation in addition to myself and the mob? i don’t want to create any hard feelings by calling those two out and not the other BMs and stepsisters, or by leaving them off and not giving credit, but i don’t know if it is really necessary to list everyone?
so, i think these are my options
1. just list me and her mom as hosts
2. list mom, me, stepsister and bm
3. list mom, me, all bms, all stepsisters by name
4. say something generic like “hosted by sarah’s bridesmaids, mom and stepsisters”
5. or is it even necessary to formally list “hosts”? i will be mentioning “at the Smith home” in the text of the invite, and i will be listing her mom and me for the RSVP, and her stepsister for the recipe stuff…
what are your thoughts? thanks a lot! 🙂