@khova7777: Funny, I’m an event planner too, with the same date. I’m so busy with work that I have very little interest in doing more planning when I get home, but I guess I’m going to have to find a way to get into.
So far we have:
– ceremoney venue (no charge, but we will give them a $200-$500 donation)
– reception venue (<$100 fee, paid already)
– dress ($1600, paid in full, ordered in September and was delivered in December)
– my bridal party (MOH only) selected. (FI is unsure at this point who will stand for him, so I’ve asked him to take his time)
– florist (amazing florist, very popular. Booked, but not paid obviously)
– caterer (a chef i worked with will do this for me, not paid yet, obviously)
– photographer ($500 deposit paid, $1000 due in March but i don’t think she’ll require that from us as she’s a friend of 2 good friends, my mother offered to put $3000 towards the photos and will give us the cash in April. That pretty much covers the entire cost, I might give her the extra $1000 for a total of $4500 for the top of the line package)
– DJ, Audio, Visual, Lighting (booked and FREE! I won an elite $1500 wedding package 2 days ago. Absolutely over the moon about it, as I wasn’t sure if I could afford uplighting for our hideous reception venue, and hadn’t even started pricing DJs. I know this guy through work, and was likely going to hire him anyway if his prices were in the usual range, so that’s even better!)
– guest list drafted (though it’s a work in progress, and will be until we send the invites out in July, with additions and deletions)
Over January & February my plan is to:
– meet with my florist
– find a cake vendor
– research back-up caterers in case my current one falls through
– locate and book our suite for the night before and wedding night
– find a MUA and hairdresser for the wedding day
– compile addresses for our guests into my database
– pick a bagpiper
– finalize the reception venue decor
– write to the officiant I want to conduct our wedding and hopefully confirm him
– potentially hire someone to decorate/coordiate/tear down at the reception venue.
I should probably start looking at checklists for the little details I’m not thinking about.
Overall, Fiance & I wanted to keep our budget to $10K, as we anticipated paying for it entirely ourselves. So far, $6K has been paid for by either my mom (dress, photography) or from the package I won. We are in good shape for keeping our own out of pocket costs to $10K between us. That makes me happy, and we can still afford to take a vacation in March. Yay.