(Closed) Who's getting married September 7, 2013?

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

my wedding party is picked, in the proccess of booking the venue. we already got our wedding bands. im now busy looking at wedding dresses. 289 days to go.Laughing

Post # 4
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ME!

It is all overwhelming, right?

OK, we have picked the venue/house and paid the deposit.  Owner of the venue is super helpful, and has recommended a caterer and a decorator we can use, and we are finalising details with them.  Oh also, her Moroccan neighbours will roast some lambs for us over an open fire!  (farm wedding)  And, she put us in contact with the mayor of the village where we will get married, to find out what documentation we need (we are getting married in Spain, but are not Spanish).

I’ve already asked my oldest/best friend to be the faux-celebrant – ie she will perform the ceremony in English, but it won’t be legally binding (that’s what the mayor is for).  I also bought her a dress to wear at the ceremony as a pre-thank you (not having a bridal party so don’t have bridesmaids’ dresses to pay for).  It was an amazing Helmut Lang I saw on the Outnet that I had to snap up for her!

Um, what else… we pretty much have our photographer, just need to confirm a few details then pay a deposit.

My dress!  Of course!  This was the first thing I did cos I was so excited!  Looked everywhere and finally put a deposit on my dress, sash and veil about a month ago.  So excited!

So the thing I can’t figure out is save the dates/invites.  When do we send these?  It’s a destination wedding for 95% of the guests, and about half will be coming allllll the way from NZ.  So the usual six-week rule will not apply. I just can’t figure it all out.

Post # 5
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Me too!

Thanks to my impatient and organized (read: obsessive) nature, we were able to secure nearly all of our vendors by the middle of the summer (we got engaged at the end of April). Right now, we have our venue booked (ceremony and reception in the same place), photographer booked, florist booked, DJ booked, officiant booked, cake baker decided and ready to book, wedding party asked, my dress ordered (should be here in December!), and we’ll be making our final decision about our caterer over the next few weeks and booking them too. I’m very excited to have all the major vendor decisions out of the way so I can spend the next 9 months focusing on things like decorations and details! Smile

@Onalin:  I’m sending out save-the-date cards over the next few weeks, so that they are hopefully arriving for people around early/mid December, which will be right about 9 months before the big day. Even though it’s not a destination wedding for FH and I, we have a ton of guests coming from out of town (some from an ocean or more away as well) so I wanted to give them plenty of time to make travel plans. We’ll probably send out invitations 8 weeks before the date (roughly early July), but with the save-the-dates going out, people will (hopefully!) make plans well before the invites go out, so that timeline isn’t as big of a deal. I hope that helps!

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee

ME!! It will also be my grandparent’s 56th wedding anniversary! 

I have my dress, bridal party, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, venue, church, photographer, DJ, photo booth and florist picked out!! I also have my invitations picked out and I just finalized my Save the Dates which will go out next week! 

I am so overly organized that I scare myself sometimes! 

Post # 7
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am!

We have the church, the reception site (which comes complete with caterer, linens, etc) and the officiant (hopefully! he is a missionary priest and won’t know until July if he will be transferred to another area or not). the bridesmaids are having their dresses made since they have a specific design in mind and I’m going dress shopping in January. haven’t gotten a phtographer yet, maybe should start looking for that next. Oh and we have our DJ, a goo family friend who is a professional DJ and is great. oh and the bridal party is picked.

Post # 8
119 posts
Blushing bee

I have my church and venue set.  Wedding party and other attendants chosen, but not all asked formally. I started looking at dresses yesterday. We have our photographer chosen, but the contract isn’t signed yet. We are working on our menu, budget, and overall timing as well.

Post # 9
153 posts
Blushing bee

That’s our day too!

We have the church, reception (hotel, so the food and cake are all included), and DJ. Almost have a photographer, dress, and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.

I am planning from across the country so I’m trying to get things done!

Post # 11
247 posts
Helper bee

I am!

Erm I’m secretly obsessive but on the whole quite chilled about planning. We have accomodation, reception venue/ band booked, church, minister, photographer, complete wedding outfit (Dress, shoes, jewellery, veil) bridal party, flowers (diy), favours (diy), invitations (diy), food (diy) finalising times at the moment with the minister so that we can finalise car etc. It will be a destination wedding for almost everyone except myself and Fiance (we’re relocating to the area about 2 months before the wedding) Ooh and cake, we decided on the cake yesterday 😀 

Post # 12
47 posts
Newbee

@khova7777:  Yay I’m a Sept. 7th bride too! We have our ceremony site, reception site, cake, bouquets, photographer, officiant, just ordered our save the dates and I have my dress and I still feel like I’ve gotten nowhere with planning! Can’t believe it’s already 2013! Trying to stay calm and plan on but it’s just getting too exciting!!!

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

Me too! Me too! Can’t wait!

Cathedral for the ceremony, the reception venue, photographer, videographer, & transport all booked.

I know what I want for my flowers, and the cake and I just started looking for my dress!

Trying to get our parents to finalise their guest lists so I can start ordering invitation supplies as I am making them myself.

I want all wedding planning done, dusted & locked in by March, except for maybe my dress & my BM’s dresses which my super talanted bridal couture seamstress cousin will be making.

Only 8 months to go! Yay! 

Post # 14
1227 posts
Bumble bee

@khova7777:  Funny, I’m an event planner too, with the same date. I’m so busy with work that I have very little interest in doing more planning when I get home, but I guess I’m going to have to find a way to get into.

So far we have:

– ceremoney venue (no charge, but we will give them a $200-$500 donation)

– reception venue (<$100 fee, paid already)

– dress ($1600, paid in full, ordered in September and was delivered in December)

– my bridal party (MOH only) selected. (FI is unsure at this point who will stand for him, so I’ve asked him to take his time)

– florist (amazing florist, very popular. Booked, but not paid obviously)

– caterer (a chef i worked with will do this for me, not paid yet, obviously)

– photographer ($500 deposit paid, $1000 due in March but i don’t think she’ll require that from us as she’s a friend of 2 good friends, my mother offered to put $3000 towards the photos and will give us the cash in April. That pretty much covers the entire cost, I might give her the extra $1000 for a total of $4500 for the top of the line package)

– DJ, Audio, Visual, Lighting (booked and FREE! I won an elite $1500 wedding package 2 days ago. Absolutely over the moon about it, as I wasn’t sure if I could afford uplighting for our hideous reception venue, and hadn’t even started pricing DJs. I know this guy through work, and was likely going to hire him anyway if his prices were in the usual range, so that’s even better!)

– guest list drafted (though it’s a work in progress, and will be until we send the invites out in July, with additions and deletions)

Over January & February my plan is to:

– meet with my florist

– find a cake vendor

– research back-up caterers in case my current one falls through

– locate and book our suite for the night before and wedding night

– find a MUA and hairdresser for the wedding day

– compile addresses for our guests into my database

– pick a bagpiper

– finalize the reception venue decor

– write to the officiant I want to conduct our wedding and hopefully confirm him

– potentially hire someone to decorate/coordiate/tear down at the reception venue.

I should probably start looking at checklists for the little details I’m not thinking about.

Overall, Fiance & I wanted to keep our budget to $10K, as we anticipated paying for it entirely ourselves.  So far, $6K has been paid for by either my mom (dress, photography) or from the package I won. We are in good shape for keeping our own out of pocket costs to $10K between us. That makes me happy, and we can still afford to take a vacation in March. Yay.

Post # 15
370 posts
Helper bee

I just got engaged on Christmas day and I’m getting married this Sept 7/13! Needless to say I have alot of things to do lol. I have our church booked, our venue decided (we are going to sign the contract this weekend), our limos booked, and also got my wedding cake. We’ve picked out our bridal party – just need to officially ask 1 more girl.

This month my main focus is starting to look into wedding dresses and selecting a photographer/videographer.

Post # 16
370 posts
Helper bee

All you girls have so much more booked then me ya’ll are making me start to panic a little lol

The topic ‘Who's getting married September 7, 2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors