(Closed) Who’s going to be an April 2014 bride?

posted 8 years ago in April 2014
Post # 62
288 posts
Helper bee

My date has changed. I’m now a FRIDAY bride! April 4, 2014 in Grand Rapids Michigan!!

Post # 63
3751 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

4-25-14!!

Post # 64
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi Luvs!! April 8th 2014 here!  We been together 12 years and HE finally gave me a date that he would like to get married on… And not only will it be our Wedding anniversary it will be his Birthday  ;)He told me atleast he will never forget our anniversary..LOL 

We decided to go ahead and get married on that date but have our reception that following saturday πŸ™‚

It will be a VERy special DAy cause His Mama is going to Marry us πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Congrats to YOU ALL!!

Post # 65
4 posts
Wannabee

Howdy, April Bees! 

Not officially booked yet but I’ve got my heart set on 4/4/14, not just because I like the number, but because it’s on a Friday (which I read could sometimes be cheaper~ anyone experienced that??).  And it’ll give us plenty (??) of time to plan.  We got engaged in January.

But most of all I wanted to get married in April after I discovered this Irish saying:

“Marry in April, if you can.  Joy for Maiden and for Man”. 

I’m hoping to incorporate it in our invitations or programs or something.  And for any other brides with some lovely Irish blood in their veins or like the saying, feel free to use it too!

Post # 66
1 posts
Wannabee

We finally set a date!!! Yay! April 16, 2014!!

Post # 67
478 posts
Helper bee

April 6, 2014! I CAN’T wait! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 68
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

APRIL 12th for us! (What a great month!)

This is my first post on this board after being a lurker bee in waiting for 3 months. πŸ™‚ The boyfriend proposed on 2/1/13 and we’re planning our wedding for 4/12/2014.

So far, we’ve booked the church and the venue/caterers. Now we’re currently photog shopping and I found an amazing makeup artist over the weekend.

My goal is to do little by little each week and book the vendors I want before they’re all taken. I figure it will make the planning process easier and, besides, it’s never too early to start!

Happy planning, my fellow  April ’14 bees! πŸ™‚

Post # 69
925 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@mazzybee: Ah, wedding date twin! We are also geting married 4/12/14 πŸ™‚

View original reply
@KBott:  I LOOOOOVE this! Thank you for sharing.

So far, I have my dress, the venue, the theme, my bridesmaids’ dresses, my florist, and my cake (which my chef mom is making for me, yum)!  We also have our dj/entertainment and photography… all FREE because we have some amazing people in our lives.

A little bit about me: I will be 25 in May, Fiance turned 31 in January. I will be graduating with my Master’s in Educational Psychology THIS SUMMER!! I’m slowly but surely getting back into shape so I can ROCK my Watters Claire gown.

Post # 70
1 posts
Wannabee

I am getting married April 26th 2014! I was neurotically planning the date avoiding birthdays, holidays, spring break…anything imaginable and all before wedding season! We (meaning me) have already booked the venue, bought my dress, booked the photographer, booked the videographer, booked the DJ, booked the caterer, have our first cake tasting, and I have begun orderin supplies for the centerpieces. Did I mention I’ve been engaged for 3 months? LOL

Post # 71
972 posts
Busy bee

April 26th 2014 for me! theres no real significance to this date besides money ;P when we looked at venues, april was considered off peak so it was slightly cheaper than may, when it was ‘peak season’. we picked the last saturday in april so it’d be warmest, in theory! 

Post # 72
13 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@sugarcube:  We are 4/26 also and we picked it for the exact same reasons!  The venue fee was waived, upgraded chairs and champagne toast.   I felt like they were giving it away πŸ™‚

Post # 73
311 posts
Helper bee

April 5th 2014 bride here πŸ™‚ devon UK

So far we have booked church, Venue, Photographer, Florist, Linen hire, cars, live music, HONEYMOON!!!!!!!

Also have one dress fully paid for under my belt (attached to it is dreaded dress regret and currently looking for another!) 

Im so excited, it’s almost a year away….can’t wait to count down in months!!!! Also booked our engagement shoot in the summer πŸ™‚ yay!!! 

Post # 74
89 posts
Worker bee

We have our venue booked for 4/12/14!

I’m so excited to join the ‘bee, I’ve been lurking for probably 6 months πŸ™‚ Haha!  Fiance proposed the day after Valentine’s, it wasn’t really a surprise but I loved it all the same!  I’m so excited/relieved to have a date πŸ™‚  We also booked our florist, who is a friend of Future Mother-In-Law.  Now I need to start looking for a caterer and a photographer!

Post # 75
400 posts
Helper bee

I’m another 4/5/14 bride! We have our ceremony and reception venues booked, and I have my dress (as in it’s in my closet… it came really quickly!). We have a band booked (we’re swing dancers so a swing band was a must!) and are starting to look at caterers (first tasting is going to be on our negative first anniversary, next Friday!). Oh, and I made a garter one evening when I was motivated πŸ™‚

Post # 76
311 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@sah612:  how exciting to share our wedding day! 

I hope all your plans are running smoothly! I’m completely organised apart from the dress…. Not sure you may have seen some of my posts but I do have one dress under my belt but it comes with dress regret πŸ™ 

currently on the hunt for another dress and getting confused! 

Hope hits going well! It sounds like your dress is all sorted, I’m looking forward to posting about my dress success! Happy planning! 

The topic ‘Who’s going to be an April 2014 bride?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors