(Closed) Who’s going to be an April 2014 bride?

posted 8 years ago in April 2014
Post # 92
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Hello month twinsies! We’ll be getting married April 10, 2014… So excited we’re less than a year away. Now I don’t get funny looks when I book people hehe πŸ˜‰

Post # 93
20 posts
Newbee

April 19, 2014

Post # 94
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - local park

I feel so behind reading all the things you month twins have already accomplished!  We got engaged March 2013 on our 6th monthaversary (we’re one of those weird couples that does monthaversaries :P) and we’re getting married April 24 2014.  We’re finalizing the ceremony location this Friday (in our hometown- we live 2 hours from there right now), and the reception site is already picked out but not booked, the invites and accompanying paper things are already created in my computer to be printed (DIY with stampers!).  I know most of the bridesmaids details, I know our basic reception menu and format and decorations…I have no idea what I will wear!  Working really hard to lose a lot of weight before the wedding!  Mostly I’m just trying to be laid-back and get things done as I can so I don’t stress out and burn out πŸ™‚  Whatever happens on April 24, as long as I get to marry my best friend, I’m okay with everything else πŸ˜€

Post # 95
52 posts
Worker bee

YAY!!  I finally have a date twin!  May I ask why you picked a Thursday?  Seems to be reasonably uncommon.  I’m having a Thursday because the day after is a national public holiday, so it’s really almost like a Friday!  

You’re so organised already, I can’t believe it, and don’t stress, everything will just fall into place!

Post # 96
22 posts
Newbee

My date is April 26 2014 πŸ™‚ 

Post # 97
1092 posts
Bumble bee

April 12, 2014! Just booked our venue and can finally start looking into other details! 

Post # 98
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@IrishBride14  I’m right there with you. People think I’m crazy to have it all planned already but I’m loving planning it so why it. 

Post # 99
4 posts
Wannabee

Looks like a lot of April 12,2014 dates! my fiancé and I officially started dating that day in 2009 so when we got engaged in November 2012 we knew right away we wanted to get married that date. April 2013 was to soon to plan the wedding so we looked at 2014 and surprisingly it was a Saturday! We are so thrilled. 

Post # 100
129 posts
Blushing bee

@KBott: I agree. Thank you for sharing!!! My Fiance and I are both Irish & I love this saying!! It is so fitting! THANKS

I haven’t been on here in a while, but we have since booked the venue that we wanted and we are so delighted. =] I can’t wait to have the vintage/chic outdoor wedding at the gorgeous pole barn. The owner has really done a great job setting thetheme already for a vintage/chic wedding (definitely helps with decorating) !

Later today we are meeting with a potential photographer to do save the dates soon & we will use her for the wedding as well if we get a good vibe. She seems great!

I also made invitations for my bridesmaids last night & I am only a little bit EXCITED! I really wanted to share them with you guys. They turned out better than I imagined. I also put together a little color palette for my bridemaids to us for dress shopping. I am letting them pick their own dresses. I really like the idea of having mismatched dresses within the same color range and style.

Here are my creations!!!!

Post # 101
748 posts
Busy bee

We just booked for April 19th! Excited, but I just realized that is Easter weekend. Eek. Oops… well, I think maybe it will be a good excuse to get the family together…. FI’s family is Jewish so, at least there are no worries on that end.

Post # 102
2 posts
Wannabee

4-12-14! it’s a palindrome! Ha! (same number frontwards and backwards) were geeky like that! Here’s to hoping for one of those freakishly warm April days because we really want to do our ceremony outside! 

Good luck with planning ladies!

Post # 103
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

Had to jump in! Our date is April 19, 2014…but you can see that above, hehe. We got engaged September 22nd, 2012 and wanted a long engagement. I can’t believe it’s coming up so fast! We started dating February 19, 2008 and I knew I wanted the 19th to be the day. April is such a perect month for weddings so when I saw the 19th was on a Saturday I just knew it was fate πŸ˜€ Kinda stinks that it’s the day before Easter, but none of my family really go to church, and it’ll be a good excuse for everyone to already be together.

Post # 105
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Doubletree by Hilton-Monroeville, PA

Hello ladies! I’m happy to announce my wedding date on April 3, 2014. We chose this date because its the date we met (April 3, 2009). Thus far we’ve already booked our church, reception venue, DJ. I’ve already ordered my dress, picked out the bridesmaid and tuxes. It’s been very exciting. I don’t know about you but this year is flying by so quickly – we are half way thru the year already. I’m enjoying being engaged and the planning process so much that I’ve started my own blog. Check it out and feel free to follow me: http://taniaknowsbest.wordpress.com/

Congrats to ALL the bees! I wish you the best and happy planning!!

Post # 106
26 posts
Newbee

Hi Everyone!  I’m a long-time lurker, first-time poster ….. and also an April 2014 bride! Congratulations to everyone here!

The topic ‘Who’s going to be an April 2014 bride?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors