(Closed) Whos wearing the veil over the face???

posted 11 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: Wearing the veil over your face???
    Yes I am/did : (25 votes)
    20 %
    Yes I think it looks pretty : (22 votes)
    18 %
    No I didnt/not going to ..think its a little outdated : (75 votes)
    61 %
  • Post # 32
    652 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

I wore the veil but now that I think about it I totally forgot to put it over my face! lol I would have done it had I remembered it on the day…. lol

Post # 33
    67 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Definitely not. My mom tried to make me wear one, but I refused. I don’t like how it looks or what it symbolizes (the virginity ship sailed years ago), so that was something I put my foot down on. CiarraiMan also hates it, so it was vetoed right off the bat.

Post # 34
    1288 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

I like the veils that way, it would just smush my bangs.

Post # 35
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I’ll be wearing a birdcage veil, so no visuals are obscurred, pictures of me will still show my face & it doesn’t really get that close to my face so noworries on the make up thing either. I don’t think it’s outdated. I just think it’s more of a to each their own type of thing. Some people really like the look and some don’t, but we look beautiful either way!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 36
    539 posts
    Busy bee

I don’t think it is outdated at all, but I am not wearing one. I am wearing a chapel length veil, however, my hair will be up but w/ a lower bun and a blusher just won’t work…

Post # 37
    25 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2010

My mom really wanted me to wear one. I don’t mind the way they look on most people, my issue was that I wanted to have a clear view of my Fiance all the way down the aisle! I’m not going to wear one at my wedding, but when I went for my dress fitting I put one on over my face to indulge my mom for a little bit.

Post # 38
    1209 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I’m not going to, but I don’t think that it is outdated.

Post # 39
    7152 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’m not. I want to be able to see everyone and for my make-up not to be hidden ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 40
    5 posts
    Newbee

Here lately, whenever I hear that someone’s face is covered it just reminds me of Lady Gaga. 

Post # 41
    1046 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

I don’t care for the symbolism of this tradition, so my vote is no.

Post # 42
    2403 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

of course!! i def love the traditional look of it and my dad will lift the veil at the end of the aisle ๐Ÿ™‚ i don’t think its outdated at all especially for us brides being married in a catholic cathedral. 

Post # 43
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I absolutely will. I think it looks totally ethereal and beautiful. Obviously it’s just tulle or something equally sheer so seeing and being seen isn’t an issue — especially considering my dad will be lifting it before I’m up to the altar.

And if we’re talking about “outdated” traditions, a LOT of things we do are…including the whole white wedding dress thing. But it’s gorgeous, so what’s the big deal?

Post # 44
    2186 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

im debating it because i want a mantilla lace veil. so if i do it will be a drop veil, if i dont then it will just frame my face (angel cut) – either way it will be cathedral length ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 45
    2392 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve seen some really gorgeous photos of other people, but I couldn’t bring myself to do this.  Once I see something as a symbol I’m opposed to, I can’t really get around that.  I’m still early in the process, but the current plan is no veil at all, and my fiance and I want to walk down the aisle together.

Post # 46
    403 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

i plan on it….it’ll be so beautiful!

The topic ‘Whos wearing the veil over the face???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors