- 4 months ago
- Wedding: August 2015
So I have two questions.. and didnt want to post twice.
My first question is did anyone else feel worried about breastfeeding? Im 4 months pregnant.. and already I have recieved people’s opinion on breastfeeding and their suggestions on how to make it easier. I have two older sisters with young children, and none of them were breastfed. Maybe Im just accustomed to formula feeding and that’s why, but I have like a fear of even trying. I just feel like because of this, I will just give up annd go straight to formula. I aso think that this is fine.. I guess maybe Im worried about judgement and personal guilt about not trying. Did anyone else feel this way? These are probably the main things I think about… which almost seem like Im already justifying formula feeding in my head:
– The cluster feeding at the beginning… I already feel overwhelmed with having to breast feed so frequently
– the isoolation … im worried that because of the cluster feeding especially, I will have to stay home more and perhaps feel more isolated
– having to breastfeed in public… the thought of it really worries me. I know there are covers, but I already feel like ill be uncomfortable and therefore just never go out
– the fact that I will be the sole feeder.. and it will be harder for dh to contribute, especially thorughout the night. This also goes during the day when I have my sister or mom over… they wont be able to feed the baby to give me a break (I guess unless I pump?)
– Its harder to go out without the baby… again, unless pumping is successful and baby takes a bottle
– I dont have a great diet… i like coffee and am not the most balanced eater.. so ill be worried that baby isnt getting enough nutrients
– the connection that people tell me it creates between you and baby
– more cost efficient
– easier than cleaning and warming bottles
– baby stays full longer
– mmore scheduled feedings
– dh and family can help feed baby
– can feed more comfortably in public
– have to clean and sterilize bottles
– have to get up to warm bottles
– harder to warm a bottle in public
So that is what I have come up with. Im hoping not to recieve judgment, but rather experiences. How did you feel before having baby vs after about breastfeeding? Did you find breastfeeding extremely hard? I just feel like Ive already made up my mind.. but already feel guilty for doing so. I feel like everyone I know (except my sisters) breastfeed, and therefore that is the normal/best thing to do.
The second part to my question, is how healthy did you eat during pregnancy. Like I previously mentioned, Im not the healthiest eater. I have also felt nauseous for the last four months and have had lots of food adversions, especially to meat and veggies. I feel like Im eating a lot of junk, and a) gaining unnecessary weight and b) nnot providing my baby with enough nutrients. Im just wondering how healthy everyone else ate during pregnancy, and what types of food you tried to incorporate in your everyday diet. I am going to go grocery shopping today and try to get a bit healthier.. but looking for some suggestions for healthier important foods for baby.
I really appreciate everyones input/experiences/suggestions!